"Since you said that's not how it is, that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about right?" Todoroki replied as Midoriya nervously glanced at Y/n who could only return a helpless look.

"Endeavor's my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero forever." Todoroki spoke closing his eyes.

"If you have something from the number one hero, then I...have even more reasons to beat you." He opened his eyes directing them to the boy in front of him again.

"My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might is a great eyesore to him. Since he couldn't surpass All Might he moved on to his next plan."

"What are you talking about, Todoroki...?" Midoriya asked spreading out his hands slightly. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"You've heard of quirk marriages, right?" Averting his eyes for a second Todoroki said, preparing for what he was about to reveal. Hearing this the white-haired girl furrowed her eyebrows tilting her head down. She already knew where this was going.

"That thing that became a problem for the second and third generations after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse based only on strengthening your own quirk and passing it on to your children, forcing people into marriage. The old-fashioned way of thinking brought by a lack of ethics."

Midoriya could only stare at him in a mix of feelings as Todoroki continued to speak.

"He won over my mother's relatives and got hold of my mother's quirk. He is trying to fulfill his own desire by raising me to be a hero to surpass All Might."

Y/n, however, has already guessed this throughout the time she spent with him even though he never directly told her. The quirk marriage topic was bought to her by Endeavor himself a few times so it was pretty obvious to her that was what he had done with Shoto's mother.

"It's so annoying... I won't become the tool of a scum like that."

"In my memories, my mother is always crying."

A mix of anger, disgust, and pain was fully visible on his face as he covered the left side of his face with his hand.

"'Your left side is unsightly' my mother said as she poured boiling water on me."

Midoriya gasped, his eyes widened in terrification. This kind of childhood trauma wasn't something he could even imagine. Even the queen of childhood trauma Y/n felt deep sympathy for him. She had gone through and seen unimaginable in every way possible but this wasn't something that she could relate to. She never had family issues, since her family was such a lovable and supportive one despite the short time she got to spend with them. Not that it was any less horrible and painful losing every single one of them right in front of her eyes.....

"Basically, I picked a fight with you to show him what I can do, without using my damn old man's quirk..." Todoroki retreated his hand from his face as it morphed into a determined expression. "No...,"

"I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it."

'The world he talked about was so different that honestly, I was scared. I thought about how it could be so different for us even if we were aiming for the same thing.' Midoriya thought not knowing what to say after everything he heard.

"And Y/n....." Todoroki spoke, finally turning to look at the white-haired girl.

"I'm not going to ignore the fact that you are the biggest threat for me to become the number one. I know you are powerful, but you are not unbeatable." He continued as he stared right into her blindfolded eyes.