Niall's mouth drops open, and he releases my hand. "Sorry." He apologises, dropping his gaze to the floor.

The doctor glances from Niall to me, worriedly. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind. What's your name?" He looks up after setting a pen to the paper on his clipboard.

"Natalie Malik." I answer.

The doctor nods once, writing something down. "What school do you go to?"

"I just enrolled in London Fine Arts Academy." I tell him. Niall and Zayn share a quick look with each other.

"How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen."

Two gasps come both sides of me. What? Why did they do that? The doctor frowns at his clipboard, scribbling something down. Did I say something wrong? Did I miss my birthday while I was in the coma? No, I couldn't have. My birthday is a few months away.

"Do you know the year?" Doctor Warren locks his eyes onto mine, waiting patiently for my answer.

Why would he ask me this? I was only in a coma for a month. He must be asking me the basic question they ask everyone.

"Two thousand and ten." I answer, easily. Zayn's grip tightens on my hand at my answer.

"Last question." Doctor Warren announces. "What is your relation to this boy?" He points to Niall Horan, who is crying silently.

Niall turns to me with sad eyes. Why is he so sad? Is he crying over me? Why would he? I don't even know him. I've never actually met the rest of the guys in One Direction. Zayn just went on the X Factor earlier this year. I never got to go see him on the show because my school refused to let me leave for that long.

"What do you mean?" I ask Doctor Warren, confused. "I've never met him before." I shake my head.

Niall stares at me with sad, wide eyes. "I-I got to g-go." He stutters, rushing out of the room, crying.

I feel my heart break at the sight of him leaving. Why do I feel like this for a boy I've never met? This isn't normal.

"Can I speak to you outside for a minute?" Doctor Warren places a hand on Zayn's shoulder.

Zayn nods once. "I'll be right back, okay?" He kisses my forehead, and follows my doctor out of the room.

Is there something wrong with me? Did the car accident mess me up or something? Why was Zayn so surprised by my answers? Why did Niall leave the room like that when I don't even know him?

The door to my room swings back open, and Zayn walks in alone. He makes his way over to my bed, sitting back down in the seat he was in before. Zayn runs a hand through his thick hair, nervously. Doctor Warren must have told Zayn something bad about me.

"Is there something wrong with me?" I whisper, afraid of what his answer will be.

Zayn takes a deep breath. "Nat-" He closes his eyes unable to speak. A tear escapes my his left eye, and rolls down his cheek. "You have long term memory loss."

"Wha-"

Zayn holds up a hand to prevent me from saying anything. "Doctor Warren said that when you went into a coma you lost all of your memory of the past three years."

"No." I shake my head at him. "That's not possible. There is no way I missed three years of my life."

Zayn sighs, while slipping his iPhone out of his pocket. "Look." He holds it up.

My eyes examine his background which is of his band, One Direction. Why is he showing me this? I start to look away, but then the date catches my eye. August twenty ninth, two thousand and thirteen. Zayn was telling the truth.

"How is that possible?" I breathe out in shock. "That means I'm twenty, right?"

Zayn nods his head. "Doctor Warren said that your memory should come back to you eventually. It's possible that certain things will bring small moments back."

"What if they don't?"

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long to update this! I didn't realise that I updated this about a month ago. I am seriously slacking. You should hate me. I wouldn't blame you. So, go ahead and get your pitchforks ready.

If you have not seen from my message board (which many of you fail to read and you really should because I write some important things on there. One day I will write something insanely amazing, and you won't know because you failed to read my message board. Okay. I'm done ranting.) As I was saying, I decided to change the order of how I update my stories. The order I have now is:

Like We Used To

If It's Love

Worth The Wait

Love Me For Me

Hidden Truth

Hey, Princess

Beautiful Tragedy

Conspiracy

Forgotten Memories

Dance With Me Tonight

This is where you lovely people come in. If you could reorder this in anyway, how would you want it to be?

That's your question for the chapter. ☝☝☝

Do me a favour and please comment!

So, yeah!