"I want to go home."

I kissed her on the top of her head before running my hands through her hair.

My father took her hand in his to comfort her as well.

"Tuk, listen to me. This is our home now. Now, we're gonna get through this. We have each other's backs." my father finished. My mother chimed in directly after.

"What does your father always say?"

"...sully's stick together." We all replied half-assedly.

"That's right, Sully's stick together. Now this time with some feeling." father said.

"Sully's stick together." We replied with a little more energy than before. I tried to smile and appear to be happy about this for the sake of my siblings, but my face showed a mix of emotions. None of which were of happiness. My father glanced at me and caught my expression before rubbing my knee lovingly and turning back towards the rest.

~

Today we were following Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Roxto into the water to show us the ways of diving. The three of them dived into the water ahead of us. With my brothers and sisters following shortly after. I felt that familiar ping in my head before I too jumped in.

I was surrounded by all the different species of sea life. The sun casting its rays on the water caused the most beautiful rippling light effect underneath the water. It felt so welcoming, so warm. There was something familiar about the ocean to that of our home. It was the presence of our great mother, Eywa. Even here, in this place, her presence was still so big. It touched me and warmed me deeply.

Soon Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Roxto took the lead in front of us as we gawked at all the different fish. Tsireya turned with a smile to beckon us toward her. I swim over to them, falling shortly behind them. I had to exert a little more energy to keep up with them due to my anatomy not being built for these conditions but surprisingly I wasn't tired because of it.

We continued to swim through the reefs. I was right on their tails the entire time, literally, but I sense something wrong. I turn around to see Neteyam, Lo'ak, and Tuk swimming up to the surface for air. Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Roxto quickly become aware of this as well.

Tsireya signs up to my brother Lo'ak who is watching us from above.

"swim together with us." her fingers sign.

How did I know that? I'd never seen this form of communication before and yet I could understand it, and possibly communicate back with it. It was almost like a part of me had done this before, learned all of this already, and I was just displaying skills of a version of me who had already done this before.

My siblings dive back down toward us but at a much higher level than before. I swim past a sea cliff to the great open sea, behind Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Roxto, but they quickly turn around in confusion before swimming up to the surface. I look up to see what the problem was and see that my siblings have swam back up once more. I reach the surface five seconds after everyone else breached the surface.

I was met with the sight of Tsireye slapping Ao'nung on the back of the head. I wonder what was said for him to have gotten hit. Probably something condescending, he seems to be known for that. Upon my presence, he seems to look me over before looking back at my siblings.