Chapter One~ Percy

Chapter One~ Percy

We all sat in a circle, talking, and acting like we didn't have a care in the world.  

And we didn't.  

Not really.  

At least I didn't.  And I'll tell you why.  I was sitting in the grass at my favorite place in the world, with Annabeth next to me, her head on my shoulder, and talking to Thalia.  Jason and Piper were sitting next to each other, holding hands and talking with Frank and Hazel, while Leo and Nico struck up their own conversation.  Travis and Conner were playing pranks on Katie, while Clarrise and Rachel sat nearby, watching and talking, which surprised me.  

But many things had changed since the end of the war with Gaea and her minions.  Camp Half-Blood had made a recent alliance with the Roman demigod camp and some demigods had even tried to pursue a life outside camp.

But the thirteen of us just stayed here at Camp Half-Blood, talking and playing games.

Like truth or dare.

"O.K., Annabeth I have one for you." Rachel said, continuing our game, and making a hush fall over our group. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Annabeth said, her head still rested on my shoulder.

"When did you first realize you had a crush on Percy?"

"What?" Annabeth shrieked.  "That is not a fair question!"

"Yes it is." I said, smiling.  That made Annabeth's cheeks turn an unflattering shade of pink.

"Oh, Annabeth," Piper said "I know how you feel, but you have to answer the question." She finished, a hint of sympathy in her voice.

"Fine." Annabeth huffed, not looking at me. "I realized I had a crush on Percy..." she paused, hoping she could get out of answering the question.

"Go on." I said, smiling.

"...when we left on our first quest together." she finished, her face red with embarrasment.  My eyes popped open wide. "Wow." I said, shocked.

"Aww." Piper said. "What about you Percy? When did you realize you had a crush on Annabeth?" She asked me.

"When I first saw her, my first day at camp." I said, looking at Annabeth the whole time.  Annabeth blushed.

"Percy, that's so sweet!" Piper said.

"It's the truth." I admmited.  But before any of us could say more, we were inturrupted by the sound of hoofs pounding the ground.  We all looked up to see Chiron,  the activities director at camp, approaching us.

"We need to talk." He said to me in a grave voice.