26 - Fighting the Goblin

Começar do início

"Look," Doctor Strange said, frustrated, "I am really impressed that you've managed to give them all a second chance, kid, but this has to end. And, Hannah, for you to let him..."

"But Peter's right!" Hannah said. "They deserve a second chance. If there's a solution to prevent someone from dying, wouldn't you take it? You were a neurosurgeon," she reminded him. "Wasn't your job to save lives? Don't doctors take oaths to save as many as possible?"

"This is different," Doctor Strange said. "They have to go home now."

At that moment, Peter One's, Peter Two's, and Peter Three's spider senses kicked in.

The Green Goblin flew in from the clouds on his glider.

"Can the Spidermen come out to play?" the Goblin said.

Some things flew from the Goblin's glider. Hailey couldn't tell what it was but she could see green lights flying in the air.

The Goblin flew in, took the box with the spell, and flew off with it.

Doctor Octavius extended one of the tentacles to the glider, trying to prevent the Goblin from flying off and getting the box back.

One tentacle held onto the railing and another on the glider.

Doctor Strange used magic to create a golden lasso to retrieve the box.

One of the tentacle's claws broke and Doctor Octavius groaned.

The Green Goblin flew further away and turned around.

The three Peter's stood in their spots.

There was a tiny ball from the Goblin, stuck inside the box.

"Strange, no!" Peter yelled.

The ball exploded and the spell that was contained in the box expanded, breaking what seemed like everything.

The Captain America shield that was being built for the Statue of Liberty fell.

Everything was breaking apart and Hailey felt the railing she was leaning against break.

She screamed as she fell back.

Chase tried to grab her but couldn't.

Peter One jumped down to try to get her.

Hailey reached out as Peter was getting to her but the Green Goblin came in and pushed Peter.

"No!" she screamed.

She looked back up and saw Peter Three coming to her rescue.

He got to her. He held her with one arm and used his other to shoot a web to soften the landing.

He landed perfectly on his feet, carrying Hailey.

She stared up in shock.

She let out a shaky breath. She was trying her best not to cry.

"Are you okay?" Peter Three asked.

"Y - yeah," she nodded. "I'm - I'm okay."

Peter Three looked like he was going to cry himself.

"Are you - are you okay?" she asked.

He nodded.

He set her down.

"Thank you," she said.

Peter smiled.

They both looked up.

"Oh, my God, Chase!" Hailey screamed.

Chase was holding onto the ledge.

"Hailey!" he called back.