Mother And Daughter

Start from the beginning

"Oh fraulein, you won't kill me." Anastasiya laughed. "You have to take care of your mother until she bleeds out. You haven't got much time, now." Valeriya's heart began to beat faster, her mind torn in two. But finally she made a decision.

"No. You're wrong." Valeriya said. "You are never going to bother us ever again." Anastasiya pouted mockingly.

"Really? And how are you planning-" her words were interrupted by the sound of a gunshot. Anastasiya looked down to see the pool of scarlet growing on her stomach. Anastasiya looked up at Valeriya one more time before she fell to the ground. Valeriya brought the gun down to her side, blowing out a shaky breath. She spun around, and ran over to Natasha's side. She ripped out a piece of cloth, and pressed it to Natasha's shoulder.

"Nat?" Valeriya pleaded "Nat, please wake up." The cloth was beginning to smoke through. "Mom" She cried, her voice echoing around the forest. "Mom, speak to me." she pleaded.Suddenly she heard the sound of a plane engine, and sighed in relief. She watched as the quinjet hovered over the tree line, she waved frantically towards the jet, and it landed back down, a couple yards from where she was. As Clint made his way over, Valeriya felt Natasha grab hold of her arm. Valeriya whirled around to face her.

"Hey there" Natasha croaked out. Valeriya cried in relief, burying her face into Natasha's side. She felt Natasha's good arm stroke her hair. Valeriya lifted her head up, and smiled. "Hi" Valeriya said, as Clint finally made his way over.

"What happened?" Clint asked, panicking.

"She got shot in the shoulder." Valeriya explained, helping Natasha sit up. Clint knelt down at Natasha's side, examining the wound. He blew a sigh of relief, and stood up.

"It's not that bad, it missed the artery in her shoulder, but we need to get her back to base so they can remove the bullet." And with that he rushed back to the jet to get more medical supplies. Natasha held the cloth to her shoulder, but was gazing at something in the distance. Valeriya followed her gaze, and it rested upon the dead body of Anastasiya. Valeriya gulped, and looked back at Natasha. The assassin eventually looked back at her, her eyes sad.

"I'm so sorry" Valeriya whispered, looking down on the ground.

"Sorry for what?" Natasha asked.

"I should have never come here" Valeriya said, shaking her head.

"If you hadn't come, we'd mostly likely be dead" Natasha said, grabbing a hold of Valeriya's hands. Valeriya slowly looked up at Natasha, and their eyes connected. All the feelings that she had pushed down over the past few days all bubbled up to the surface at once. A tear managed to escape from her eyes.

"спасибо мама дорогая" she whispered. Thank you mother dear.

Natasha's eyes widened, and Valeriya smiled. Before she could say another word, she was enveloped in a hug. Valeriya allowed the sob she was holding back to burst from her throat. She felt Natasha trembling as she muttered words into her hair.

"Мой ребенок девочка." My baby girl

"Я думал, что потерял тебя" I thought I lost you.

Valeriya buried her face into Natasha's good shoulder.

"And I thought I lost you" she cried. The sat there in silence, just accepting eachothers presence. Valeriya never felt more happy in her entire life. She had been led to believe she was a lonely orphan, with no place in the world. But now she knows that it was all a lie, a terrible lie that morphed her into a ruthless killer. And now as she sat there, with her mother, her heart cracked into a million pieces, overloading with joy. Clint eventually returned, with a large first aid kit. Valeriya helped him bandage up the wound on Natasha's shoulder.

Yet even as Natasha winced in pain, her eyes would always find Valeriya and she would smile again. Valeriya helped Clint lead Natasha back onto the plane. He strapped her in, and Valeriya sat down next to her.And as the plane lifted up into the sky, Natasha grabbed hold of Valeriya's hand. Then she started humming, a tune that was very familiar with Valeriya. She smiled, and began to hum along.

Where the dreamy volga flows

There's a lovely russian rose

Gazing tenderly

Down upon her knee

Where a baby's green eyes glisten

Listen

Ev'ry night you'll hear her croon

A russian lullaby

Just a little plaintive tune

When baby starts to cry

Rock-a-bye my baby

Somewhere there may be

A land that's free for you and me

And a russian lullaby