SIX. seems like yesterday you put a smile on my face

Start from the beginning

"I don't think he's that into me." Rachel said, "He's always treated me like I'm one of the boys and now that I'm his girlfriend it still feels like we're just friends. And I've tried so hard to make it feel like when I was with Nate."

Richard watched as his daughter ran her hands through her hair.

"And I'm no better than Jay." She said, "Because he wants to be with Leia and I want what I had with Nate. I can't have that with Jay."

Richard wrapped his arm around Rachel shoulder, pulling the girl close to his side.

"Life's tricky, kid. I haven't experienced what you're going through and I'm sorry if my advice isn't what you need." He said, "I think it's best that you talk to Jay about how you feel. Try and figure out what works and what doesn't. You're on your own, kid, but I believe that you can face whatever this is."

"I appreciate your advice, Dick." Rachel smiled, hugging her father, "Thanks."

"Anytime, Roach." He smiled, "Now get ready for the party."

RACHEL ENTERED the Forman household and was met with Leia who stood at the door with a smile.

"Sorry I'm late."

"You're here now." Leia smiled, "Is Jay with you?"

"I thought he was here."

Leia shook her head slightly. She looked down and saw that Rachel had been holding a bag in her hands.

"Oh," Rachel smiled, "this is for you. Happy birthday."

Leia took the present with a smile. She wasn't supposed to open it right away, so she peeked inside. She held a small smile and pulled Rachel into a hug.

Rachel had relaxed into the hug. Something she didn't know that she needed. She had always been close with Gwen and was growing her friendship with Nikki at a slower pace, but physical contact like hugs were big in their friend group. So when Leia hugged Rachel, she really enjoyed her warmth.

Rachel felt 10 times better after the fact. She was never mad at Leia. She knew that. She wasn't mad at Jay for having a crush on her either. Leia Forman was a beautiful girl and deserved a guy who was just as kind and possibly naïve as her.

Leia lead Rachel towards the group. Joshua pushing against Rachel forehead slightly.

Rachel was gonna have a good time, just like she had at the rave.

She only had a limited amount of time before the rushing pain of heartbreak came crashing down into her life.

RACHEL PACED back and forth in her room as she waited for Jay to come over. He hasn't been a Leia's party, but that would've been an inappropriate place to kind of, sort of, break up with your boyfriend.

Jay knocked on her bedroom window and Rachel opened it up for him to come inside.

He held a small smile, pecking her lips before entering her bedroom.

She was quick to turn away after he had kissed her. Was she really about to break up with the guy she been longing for for months in end?

Jay shut her bedroom window, "Sorry I couldn't make it to Leia's party. My mom was pissed that I ruined her carpet."

"How'd you do that?"

"It's embarrassing actually."

Rachel nodded, playing with her fingers. Jay took notice of her nervousness and grabbed her hands.

"Everything okay?"

Rachel gave him a small smile. She hasn't imagine breaking up being hard. Yeah, when Nate had broken up with her (a still unknown reason for the girl) she was heartbroken for sure. She cried for days on end. But now the shoe was on the other foot.