I didn't like how the meeting was at the Martin-Meeks' house. That was Randy Meek's house too. I wondered if this was a sign. If this had any meaning and significance.

"You know we're going to Randy's old house?" I asked Dewey just to be sure he understood.

"I know," He answered, looking like he was thinking of him. "You think it means anything?"

"Maybe," I shrugged. "I just don't know what," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I wanted to change the subject. "How did my Mom take it that there was another Ghostface killer?"

"She got scared for you, but I told her that we had it under control." He assured.

"And?" 

"She wasn't too happy about that either..."

Mom probably didn't trust either of us to handle something huge and dangerous like this. More like me than Dewey. At least he was a cop before and had training and experience in that area. The only kind of training and experience I had with a gun was when Mark took me to a shooting range to practice using a gun for my sixteenth birthday. Mom and Mark thought I should know how to use a gun after my last visit to Woodsboro because I didn't know how to properly use a gun.

Now, I know better how to use them, but I should've gone to the shooting ranges more often. 

"Figures." I scoffed.

"Which is why I gave you that gun to protect yourself. That made her feel better knowing you have a weapon."

I nodded in understanding.

"So, she's not coming back here?" I asked, just to be sure.

"For now."

That made me breathe out a sigh of relief. But the 'for now' part made me think that she will soon if something bad happens.

Dewey pulled up to the Martin-Meeks house. I had mixed feelings about being at Randy Meek's house. He was the man who had a lot of knowledge about movies and died while him and my mother was in college together. It was an uneasy feeling because Randy was one of the originals like Dewey and my mother. 

Why was the meeting held here of all places?  

There must be some connection. There always was.

When Dewey parked his car, we noticed Sam and Richie approaching the house too. They just arrived here like we did.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" I asked him before we get out.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Dewey muttered unenthusiastically.

We get out of the car together and approach them. 

"I've decided to temporarily assist you in your investigation." Dewey said and I catch up to him.

"Me too." I added.

"Thank you." I heard Sam say as Dewey kept walking away.

She looked at me and I gave her a friendly nod and smile. I avoided all eye contact with Richie because there was something about him I didn't like. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

The four of us eventually went to the door together and Sam rang the bell. It was Mindy who answered it and allowed us in.

"So, how do you know so much about the Stab movies?" Richie asked Mindy as we enter her house.

"Runs in her family." Dewey replied.

"Randy was our uncle. RIP." Mindy gave a kiss to her uncle's portrait that was placed on the wall above the fireplace mantle.