Kaveh had told you not to bring too much to Teyvat University due to the size of the dorm closets. So you only brought your essentials, packing them into your suitcase and backpack.

"Ready?" Kaveh asks once you reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah!" you exclaim. You two walk over to your parents in the living room.

"I can't believe today's really the day. You're both growing up and leaving the house," she says, on the verge of tears. You hug her tightly.

"Don't worry, we'll be back for winter break, Mom. I'll count down the days until then."

"Our house is finally going to be a bit quieter," your dad jokes. He pulls you in for a bear hug.

"Don't worry I'll be sure to be incredibly loud when I answer your calls, Dad," you quip.

After Kaveh hugs them, your mom pulls out her phone, snapping as many pictures as she can. You and Kaveh leave the house, putting your suitcase in the trunk of your parents' car.

"Are you sure this is everything?" your dad asks before he climbs into the driver seat.

"Yeah, Dad," you respond while Kaveh gives a thumbs up. You two enter the back of the car and get comfortable for the ride to the airport.

You lean back into the seat, looking out the window as you feel the car start moving. The all-too-familiar houses and trees bring a smile to your face. You've lived in this neighborhood for as long as you can remember. This is where you met many of your closest friends. No matter what happens in college, this neighborhood will always be home to you.

"How are you feeling?" Kaveh asks as he nudges your arm.

You give him a bright smile. "I'm a bit nervous, but mostly excited. I'm so happy we're all going to the same college!" you beam, referencing your friends. 

You, Nilou, and Collei are the youngest amongst you and your brother's group of friends. The three of you practically grew up together, and now that you all will be attending Teyvat University, your friend group will be reunited once again.

Kaveh chuckles. "Did you ever get to kick Cyno's butt at TCG?" he asks. "I know you two ranted about it in the group chat, but I never asked if you did."

You shake your head. "No, I didn't, but I want to! I've been practicing all summer with Tighnari. Maybe I'll do it on the plane ride. Speaking of the plane ride," you pause. "What's the seating arrangement like? I know Alhaitham insisted on buying everyone's tickets, but he never said anything else about it." Kaveh shrugs.

"I don't know anything else either, but knowing Alhaitham, he probably has everyone's boarding passes. Hopefully he got me a seat near the rest of you guys. Last time he insisted on buying tickets, I was on the opposite side of the plane," he huffs. Laughter from you and your dad fills the car. "And we're supposed to be roommates this semester!" Kaveh exclaims. "Last semester, he loved to steal my keys. I can only imagine the type of inconveniences he'll try to cause me this semester."

"Can't you or Althaitham pick a different roommate?" You ask. "Maybe Tighnari or Cyno would switch with you?"

"Trust me, I tried that last semester and it didn't work out. I would room with my other friends, but they seemed to either be fine with their roommate or didn't want to room with Alhaitham."

"At least you get to pick your roommate," you sigh. The administration at Teyvat University randomly assigns roommates for the first semester of your freshman year. After that, students can choose their roommate for the following semester. "I don't get to meet mine in person until we get there."

"In person?" Your dad asks. "Have you met them already?"

"Yeah. The school made a huge group for incoming students to talk to each other. Most of the people in the group only joined to meet their roommate. My roommate is really nice. Her name is Kamisato Ayaka, and she's from Inazuma."

"Ayaka? Doesn't she have an older brother?" Kaveh asks.

"Yeah, she's mentioned him a lot. I think his name was Ayato."

"Small world," Kaveh laughs. "Alhaitham used to bring Ayato over to our dorm last semester. He's mentioned Ayaka a couple of times. Ayato, though, he's a chill guy with a boba obsession."

"Hey, what's wrong with boba?"

"Nothing," your brother says, "but it feels illegal to drink as much as Ayato. That man just always seems to be drinking some, whether it's 8AM or midnight."

After what feels like a short ride, your dad arrives at the airport and slowly pulls into the nearest parking space. He turns around to face you and your brother.

"Y/N," he starts. "Enjoy yourself and remember to work hard, okay? College is going to be hard, but it's also meant to be a lot of fun."

"I will, Dad," you say with a smile, which he returns. Then, he turns to Kaveh.

"Kaveh, you're going to be a junior, and I feel like I shouldn't have to keep saying this but don't do anything stupid," he sighs. "And watch over Y/N."

"I can't make any promises I can't keep, Dad, but I'll definitely watch over Y/N!" Kaveh chirps in response.

You and Kaveh both say goodbye to your dad one last time, then help each other unload your suitcases from the trunk before entering the airport.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

A/N: This is my very first story on Wattpad. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy!