FIVE. hot tub time machine

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Nik. I'm not sitting here anymore, listening to you not talk to me." Nate said, "Jay, Josh, wanna help me pick up this hot tub?"

Jay turned, "Sure. What? Sure. What?"

"Nah, I'm good bro." Joshua said, "Might have a bruise appendix. Take Rachel with you."

"No!"

Rachel looked up and over at Jay who shouted along with her.

"Well," She said standing, "now I'm going."

Rachel stomped out of the Forman's basement and made the boys stop by her house before meeting up with the owner of the hot tub.

Nate jogged towards the backyard and held a wide smile as he rested his face against the hot tub.

"This is even better than that time we found that nude beach." Nate smiled, "Until we saw my baseball coach doing lunges."

Rachel wasn't there for that and thank God.

She separated herself from the boys. Walking around the hot tub as slowly as she could. It was probably for the best that she tuned the boys out. This whole Jay going between Leia and Rachel thing was bringing her down and she needed to pep herself up.

She was too young to be going through bullshit like this. Love triangles shouldn't exist in the real world. If he likes Rachel and Leia, Rachel was going to let him pick Leia.

He liked Rachel and Leia came into the picture and he fell for her. In Rachel's mind, because he also, seemingly liked Leia, he liked her (Leia) more simply because he was him.

Was that complicated? Yeah, it was for Rachel to.

The back door of the house opened and the trio looked over and saw an elderly woman step outside.

"Hello, boys." She smiled and looked over at Rachel, her smile dropping, "And one girl."

"Hello, ma'am. We called about the hot tub." Nate said.

"Oh, yes. I'll be glad to see it go. It used to be my husband's, but since he passed away, I don't use it very much."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. How did he die?" Jay asked.

"He drowned."

Rachel furrowed her brows, her arms crossed in front of her chest, "Still want the hot tub?"

"Oh, he drowned in a lake." She clarified.

"Yes!" Nate cheered, "I mean, I am so sorry for you loss. I just... really did not want a haunted hot tub. We'll take it."

"Now, hold on. Don't you want to try it out first?"

"You try out hot tubs?" Rachel questioned.

"Don't push it." The woman said.

Jay agreed to test the hot tub and the woman went inside to grab towels for everyone. She made sure to start the hot tub before heading inside though.

The boys took of their shirts and sat in the hot tub. Their pants still on. They looked back over at Rachel who still stood with her arms crossed and watched the boys.

"Aren't you getting in, Rach?" Nate asked.

"I don't think that lady likes me." Rachel said, "I'd be damned if I got into her hot tub and she sent her demons on me."

"Come on." Jay smirked, "The waters nice."

Rachel rolled her eyes and pulled the hair tie off her wrist and pulled it into a ponytail. She took her flannel off along with her tank top and was left in a green bathing suit top. She was gonna leave her spandex on. It was the least she could do, you know?