09

(minor disclaimer : i listened to me and your mama when writing a particular scene so listen it when you see the timeskip ---)

the place that nanami had been able pull a few strings for was a high-end french restaurant that catered for the higher class of society and foreigners, located on a street that was lined with expensive car models, brand name stores like gucci, yves saint laurent and louis vuitton, and people walking about in designer clothing worth thousands of dollars like it was nothing.

satoru wasn't sure what type of food interested y/n since he didn't get the chance to ask so he allowed nanami to pick a good place with good food. maybe this was the blonde's revenge for the car incident-to put a dent in his wallet.

the restaurant was nowhere near cheap as satoru learnt when he and y/n neared the restaurant, the car key given to the valet and someone escorting them to their table after checking their reservation.

the chandeliers were high in the ceiling, the light reflecting on the marble tiles like diamonds. the tables and chairs were black, complementing the white walls and golden accent pieces, a white cloth on the table along with a candle, a flower centerpiece and cutlery neatly placed before each chair. everything had an expensive air to it and satoru tried his hardest to not to gawk at the restaurant.

luckily, they had a table near the window and satoru internally cheered at the tiny smile that presented itself on y/n's face when they neared their seat.

satoru pulled out y/n's chair for her before heading to his seat across from her.

"i love ocean views." she mumbled quietly, a smile playing on her lips as she glanced outside at the streetlights and the view of the bridge that lead to the ocean, the dock lined with expensive yachts and boats.

"oh yeah? any specific reason?" gojo inquired, watching y/n with something akin to fondness. to an onlooker, they would've seen gojo as some love-drunk boyfriend.

she shook her head and sighed, resting her chin atop her open palm. "just nostalgia."

while they were on their way to the restaurant, all traces of awkwardness was erased when satoru gave y/n the freedom of controlling the music and they slipped into an easy conversation. but now that gojo thought about it, maybe it was a bad idea because the songs that seemed to play from her playlist all sounded sensual in some way, adding to the unspoken tension between them.

goio wasn't complaining though. the music made way for interesting conversation and throughout it, he was a bit confident when the mood slightly shifted to a less innocent one.

the faint hum of music flowed through the speakers and a smooth and relaxing vibe filled the car as y/n's playlist was connected to the aux.

"would you believe me if i said that i'm nowhere near done with the work you assigned me?" gojo randomly brought up, mind wandering back to their last session as he sped away from y/n's house.

y/n glanced over at him and smiled before turning away. "i would, but i know you will do it before i see you on monday. "

her tone was light and it made gojo chuckle slightly, his eyes lingering on her longer than he'd like to admit before turning back to the road. "you have that much faith in me? what'll happen if it's not done? i might be preoccupied with shoots."

satoru was only joking. of course he'd do her homework but now that the mood was light and playful, he wanted to see how far he could push it.