| Chapter Fifty-seven | Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Master! I would be honored!"

"Then I name you, Mura Fuji, Nature Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps."

Mura's hand began to shake, and we watched as he lifted it, and examined the back of it in front of him. We watched as his title formed on his hand, and his eyes widened.

"That's all I wish to say today. I wish you all well. Thank you all for being here."

The Master turned and left the room, and then we all stood. Mura turned to Kocho and ran to her, lifting her by the waist and up into the air.

"Oh my." She said.

"I'm one of you Shino!" He said.

He set her down and leaned forward and kissed her. A squeal could be heard from Kanroji, and from the others, surprised gasps.

"So, Nature Breathing. We can only hope it's strong enough to replace Uzui." Iguro said.

"Fuji, congratulations on your accomplishment. I welcome you as a comrade. Continue your hard work." Himejima said.

"Tomioka, have you really got nothing to say about what's happening before you?"

We turned to Shinazugawa who was smiling wickedly at Tomioka, and seemed quite pleased.

"Oh this is so beautiful! Shinobu and Fuji! What a wonderful couple! I can feel the love! Perhaps Insect and Nature might go well together." Kanroji said.

I was thrilled with the addition of our newest Hashira. Now I looked forward to our return home, and for Mura to tell Rika the news.

Mura Fuji

I took a step away from Shino and glanced around the area. The strong presence of each Hashira before me was still overwhelming. It was difficult to speak, but my excitement couldn't be held in, and I overstepped with Shino.

I glanced over at Tomioka, smirking. He groaned and turned away from us. I still didn't know why, but I truly enjoyed getting under his skin.

And then the energies of the Hashira hit me again. I turned back to them and had to force myself not to kneel again. They were Hashira, and now I was one too. Yet, I just didn't feel like I was on the same level. All I had done was create a branch of Water Breathing. I had no idea how powerful it was yet.

From Shino, I felt pride and excitement. My gaze landed on Kanroji, and there was excitement and longing. I glanced at the mountain man and I felt power, strength, and... cats? That was very strange, I didn't know what that was about. I turned back to Tomioka, and smirked as I felt jealousy, and frustration.

I turned around again, and my gaze landed on a young boy. There was confusion and intent, determination, and... cynicism. Another strange one. So young to be feeling that way.

And then there was the Serpent Hashira. I had heard of him too. Iguro's energy was filled with contempt, and sarcasm. I could tell he often looked down on people. And then Shinazugawa. Anger, aggression, and power. Another Hashira who had a powerful energy.

My gaze landed on Enkyo, and the energy was familiar. Joy, happiness, excitement. But I could tell earlier that the Master bringing up the death of his father was painful, yet he was able to turn it around very quickly.

He smiled at me and I stepped forward. Eager to leave the weight of the other Hashira's energies around me. It was beginning to change my own energy.