Chapter 42-insanity

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay miss?" You checked her body for any scars, until you noticed a few bruises on her arms and legs that were covered by her long sleeves and high socks. She quietly sobbed, "Thank...you...for saving...me..." she was pretty short for her age, being about a few years older than you. "Can...I...work with...you?"

"Of course! Having one more member is good! We'll find out a way to kill the king!" You sat her down and began wiping her tears with a piece of tissue paper. 

"Also...I'm sorry for your loss. That Ayaka lady. And, uh, my n-name is Tsuyuri. Thanks, Kayami-san." She bowed 90 whole fucking degrees. "W-woah, no need to be so formal with me."

"May all the players proceed to their cells for the seventh voting session to commence."

You randomly voted for Yaba, since you knew who the murderer and the assassin both were. You waited in anticipation as the timer went off, beads of perspiration flowing down your face. Soon, under your picture was a small picture of Akira and... the hooded man? 

"Shit..." you muttered under your breath. Damn that hooded man! No wonder Banda said he got on his nerves, rarely seeing someone as calm as him get slightly frustrated. Banda had less than half of the people voting for him. Keiko, Yaba, and two of the burly men. "How about I do this?" He selected to kill Keiko for that round.

Keiko had cold sweat run down her forehead. "N-No, please! I'll do anything!" She pleaded for mercy, but unfortunately the rules in the borderlands had no exception. The collar around her head exploded, and she fell onto the concrete floor. Now, Yaba had no partner. What was his next move going to be?

The roles on your screen randomized, and you ended up being an innocent for that round. Stepping out of your cell, you sent a death glare towards that hooded man. If looks could kill, he would have died there and then. He smirked, placing his hands in his pockets and walking away. Yaba and Banda made eye contact as their cells were side by side. 

Akira tugged on your sleeve. He signed to you, *I am the murderer.* your face remained neutral, but deep down, you had to restrain yourself from squealing in excitement. 

You nodded your head, holding his hand and going towards your teammates. Banda and you, obviously, were both innocents. However, Tsuyuri had something else to say. "Kyoto is the assassin. I just know it. He has that dark look on his face. I just know it!" She repeated the same sentence twice.

"Well, nobody else seems like they need one vote. Look, it can't be Yaba or any of those big guys, because if so, they wouldn't go around talking to people. Akihiko, let's just gamble that it's not him. I'll vote for Kyoto with Tsuyuri," you decided. Banda stood up, going to the snack bar. The discussion for that round had ended. 

But...how could you be so sure that Tsuyuri was right? Nevermind...Akira was the murderer, so that meant that the two of you were safe. 

———————————————-

Akira pressed the big red button under the leader of the big guys' gang. He had convinced them that he was the murderer, and they had gone around, telling everybody to vote for him. The other players pretended to agree, but in reality, the only people voting for him were the three of them.

Apparently, the assassin was Kyoto. However, Tsuyuri's and your vote had nullified his ability to kill someone. You grinned. Tsuyuri, shockingly, was not lying. Maybe she could be useful in surviving after all. 

———————————————-

Click. Bang! 

Click. Bang!

Two more people had died after four long rounds, leaving half of the players alive. 

"As five more people have died, an additional rule shall be added.