"Hey guys why don't we just settle this with a calm fair game of rock paper scissors? Then hug it out, yeah?" I suggest.

They both slowly turn to face the backseat to look at me with unamused looks then to back to arguing.

I give up I truly do they are practically kids. As they are still arguing the car door opens suddenly.

I watch as Linnea climbs into the car only to see only one spot left.

Next to me.

I see her swallow nervously as she sits down slowly. I shift in my seat awkwardly.

Tyler is in the driver's seat, Dayton in the passenger seat Naomi is behind the driver, me behind the passenger seat, and Linnea is in the middle.

"Where's my sister?" Dayton asks Naomi and Linnea turning in his seat to look at them.

"Oh she had to go do something she said she would meet us there" Naomi responds to him.

Tyler pulls out of the driveway, "What do you guys want to eat?"

Tyler asks, looking in the rearview mirror.

"Sonic!" Linnea and I say at the same time then quickly sit back realizing what we had just done.

"O-kay sonic is it? '' Naomi says with a smirk on her face. Tyler takes the exit to Sonic.

We pull into the drive thru and Ty rolls down the window and orders his food then gestures to the rest of us to say our orders.

We all go through our orders saying it to the window and Linnea leans forward as she is in the middle to say her order and as she sits back our legs touch one another.

My heart rate spikes up and I feel her tense next to me as she shifts closer to Naomi.

I look out of the window as Tyler pays for our food and we all thank him.

We eat our food on the way to the escape room. We pull into the parking lot and spot Maeve standing in front of the door looking down at the floor.

Tyler parks the car and we start to get out.

I open the door and step out then turn to hold out my hand for Linnea as it's a truck that's pretty big.

She gives me an uneasy look for a second then finally takes my hand as I help her out.

Once she's on the ground she quickly retracts her hand and jogs to catch up with Naomi who's already with Maeve.

We check into our reservation and make our way into the escape room.

Dayton and Naomi rummage through everything the second we get in the damn thing.

As they are looking around like lunatics, the rest of us take the more composed route trying to find clues.

Linnea tells us she found something we all walked over to her and in her hand she holds a useless mug.

Everyone groans running their hands over their faces turning back around to keep looking.

Me on the other hand I laugh and shake my head a little.

That's another thing I've always admired about her, her humor.

She's always been funny.

Especially ever since she got bullied in elementary school and middle school. Kids are assholes. They were just jealous of her, how she was pretty, kind to everyone and everything.

Idiots, if they would've taken the time to truly get to know her they would've been completely different towards her.

I think it builds character honestly. You can tell if someone has never been bullied before.

I turn around and feel something hit my chest.

I look down to see Linnea looking up at me with wide eyes.

She quickly jumps back and apologizes.

"Hey, it's okay," I reassured her. It's more than okay actually.

I'm just happy she's talking to me, that's all I want.

She nods slightly then awkwardly walks around me.

I laugh internally.

Another thing about Linnea is she can be very, very awkward. I hear the click of what sounds like a lock opening up.

"I DID IT!" I hear Dayton scream.

We quickly escaped the escape room, happy we finally did it.

The lady who works for the escape room congratulates us as we leave the building.

Maeve bids goodbye to us and says she will see us at school as she walks over to her car.

This time Dayton gets into the driver's seat and we all let out concerned groans.

He's not a good driver.

Like at all.

I go to get into the passenger seat but Tyler shoves me out of the way, jumps in in the blink of an eye, and buckles in.

I give him an unamused look as he smiles at me with his thumbs up.

Whatever that's for, I get into the backseat once again next to Linnea to my right and Naomi next to her.

I turn my head to see her already looking at me. I give her a small smile and she surprisingly returns it.

I look out the window once more and smile to myself.

........

HEY MY LOVES THANKS FOR READING VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT GIVE ADVICE AND WHATEVER YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE LOVE YOU BYE

VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT
GIVE ADVICE AND WHATEVER YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE
LOVE YOU BYE