"It was only to..."

"To provoke me? Liang Xuan Jing, what a good excuse!" Feng Cai Yun's flame of anger rose in her heart when the man used the old trick to bargain. She couldn't control her anger. She turned around and headed to Su Shuilian's resting room in the East Wing.

"Feng Cai Yun!" Liang Xuan Jing called out in a hurry. He knew he had treated her coldly for many years. He had many side-wives and daughters, deliberately trying to provoke her. He also wasn't happy to see their daughter being kidnapped and almost killed. He had tried his best to investigate everywhere. He was hurt no less than her.

And what about her? She always mocked him for having so many concubines and daughters. This time they came to visit their daughter. He had followed her idea to build a private mansion in this Fan Hua Town to make her life more comfortable whenever they visit...

He was trying his best to fix his past mistakes. What more does she want? Did she want him to divorce his seven concubines and make all the daughters married and move out? Would she stop nagging when she's the only woman in the whole Jing Mansion's back courtyard? If that happened, how would he have any face to go out of the Jing Mansion? 

"Moth... Mother, is there anything bothering you?" Su Shuilian watched as Feng Cai Yun silently entered her room and stared at Lin Long and Lin Xiao in a daze. After her lunch nap, Su Shuilian saw her mother sitting still. It reminded her of her mother in her previous life. Everytime her mother got into a fight with her father, she would also sit in a daze like this afterwards.

"Xu'er... You... Did you just call me mother?" Feng Cai Yun awoke from her daze when she heard Su Shuilian call her tenderly.

"Mother, I... I forgot... All things in the past. Would you... and father mind that?" She was never that they missed so. She was Su Shuilian from Suzhou of the Republic of China. However, she had thought about this for a month before coming to a conclusion. If they didn't mind, she would accept these passionate and enthusiastic pairs as parents.

She would consider them her adoptive parents of this life. Although they were the biological parents of this body, this body didn't belong to her, just her soul was hers.

"Of course, we won't mind. To us, that past isn't something favorable to remember. You suffered. If you don't want to remember, you don't need to. We will build good memories with you. You just... You just need to accept us. Really! En Xu, it's been so many years, this mother of yours has always been regretful. If I hadn't been unconscious after I gave birth to you, you wouldn't have been..." Feng Cai Yun burst out, crying like an infant before she could tell her daughter all her regret and grievances for all those years. Her sudden outburst caused Su Shuilian to be unable to react in time.

"Ai, already a grandmother, how can you act in such a manner?" Liang Xuan Jing had followed Feng Cai Yun, but he didn't dare to enter the room as he sat outside. When he heard her crying out loud, he hurried into the room, hugging her to comfort her.

"You... You... Leave me alone!" Feng Cai Yun was hiccuping while sobbing but she didn't forget to throw him a sidelong glare. However, at this moment, her small face was covered in tears. Her glare wasn't the least powerful, Liang Xuan Jing actually took it as an opportunity to tease her.

"Ok, I'll leave you be. I'll let you lose face and embarrass yourself in front of our daughter and son-in-law."

Son-in-law? Feng Cai Yun blankly looked up and found Lin Si Yao hugging Su Shuilian in front of her. She did not notice when he came in. Although there was no expression on his face, she was sure that she saw a glint of laughter shine past his eyes.

"Quick, get back to our room so I can wash my face!" Feng Cai Yun stomped her feet. She was so angry she kicked Liang Xuan Jing once and stormed out of the room.