"The others may mistake you, but I will never. You're the Fourth Young Lady of Prince Jing's Mansion. The Elder Princess (Wangfei) has been searching for you for one year." The old woman shook her head and rejected Su Shuilian's excuse. "The exact appearance. And the tiny black mole on your right earlobe. It's exactly the same with the late Yiniang* Jing."

(姨娘 / Yiniang: a concubine)

"I... I don't remember... the past stories.." Su Shuilian half closed her eyes.

If they confirmed her identity like that, the best excuse was to pretend a case of memory lost?

"Poor child," the old woman had teary eyes. She took out a silk handkerchief and rubbed her eyes. "My Lady, you have suffered for a year and a half."

"Ahem..." When the old man saw their Fourth Young Lady actually in this small house, he was able to calm his anxious heart. He cleared his throat and talked to Lin Si Yao, who was watching Su Shuilian talking with momo. "Ahem, Sir... Can we get into the house and talk? I think the Fourth Lady can't endure this scorching heat."

Lin Si Yao put his tangling thoughts aside, reaching out to hold Su Shuilian and support her belly. Turning around, they walked to the main house. He neither invited the others nor closed the door in front of them.

Is it... the way they treat the guests? The old man and the old woman exchanged looks, forcing a smile.

"Guests... Please come and have a cup of tea. Our yard is small so I'm afraid the carriages have to wait outside." Su Shuilian was supported to the living room by Lin Si Yao. She turned and tenderly smiled at them. As they had believed that she was their Fourth Young Lady, she couldn't let them outside at noon like this.

Four people sat face-to-face at a square table. 

After Prince Jing Mansion's delegation entered the yard, Situ Yun had taken some corn steamed rolls and left to the new house through the backdoor. Although he didn't know how the beautiful sister was related to Prince Jing's Mansion, before the accumulated wrath of his Uncle Si Ling explodes, he should get as far away as possible. His little life was more important, wasn't it?

"Young Lady, Chief Manager An and Xia-momo* weren't polite enough. We shouldn't sit at the same table with you..." The old women signaled the two maids to leave. She looked at Su Shuilian lovingly.

(She's referring to herself in third-person)

"No need to be polite. Although I have no impression of the Fourth Young Lady identity you've said, if you guys have crossed thousands of miles from Feng Cheng, you must have endured hardship on the way..."

Su Shuilian poured them tea, talking tenderly.

The Imperial City Feng Cheng, she had read about it in Da Hui's geography document, was more than one thousand and three hundred miles far from here. If the four-horse carriage ran fast, it would take more than two days and two nights. Moreover, the two in front of her, one was over fifty and the other was over seventy years old, had to endure a lot during the journey.

"I carve your mercy in my heart. But, Young Lady, after lunch, can you go with us to meet the Elder Wangye(Prince)?" The old man couldn't suppress his worry, asking directly.

Su Shuilian was bewildered. She turned to see Lin Si Yao sitting next to her and saw his perplexed, but frowning face. "Chief Manager An, you see, my body..." She was six-months pregnant. And because it could possibly be twins, she looked even bigger and heavier.

"Don't dream about that," Lin Si Yao said darkly. Immediately, he turned to Liang An, who sat opposite him. "I don't know if she's the one you want to find. What I know is, she's my wife. She is pregnant with twins. If you worry for her, you shouldn't say these kinds of thoughtless things."