Ever since she got pregnant, she would be very sensitive to oil and smoke. As of recently, the foods that she had previously enjoyed caused her to become nauseous even before putting it into her mouth.

For example, there are some dishes that require to be stir-fried with oil. Those dishes are dishes she cannot consume and even a whiff of the smell of the oil will cause her to nauseate. If it's serious, she could even vomit out everything that's in her stomach because of it.

Especially fried fish, the smell of fish alongside the smell of oil is very effective in making her nauseous.

Therefore, over these past few days, other than conducting the daily examinations of Dabao's homework in the morning, removing grass, catching insects and the occasional adding of fertilizer and other farming related work in the afternoon, the remainder of his time was spent on comparing the different recipes to develop meals which were light, nutritious, refreshing and appetizing, as well as a few desserts that were suitable for Su Shuilian. These snacks were to be enjoyed while she's resting and drinking tea, like sesame biscuits and jujube paste stuffed rice cakes.... It can't be said that he didn't do all this with her in mind.

This continued for a month or so and Lin Si Yao's culinary skills have increased quite a bit, especially in his stewing. It was so good that even the number one cook, Shui House's poniang*, would show a thumbs up in approval. She had come to their house with Aunt Lao the other day and had tasted a bowl of fresh mushroom chicken stew that Lin Si Yao made for Su Shuilian.

(婆娘/Poniang - peasant woman that is married // a wife)

"Girl, you really are very lucky." Shui House's poniang gently patted the back of Su Shuilian's hand and smiled in approval: "Take a quick look at everyone in Fan Hua Town. Tell me which man in one of the families would treat the wife with this level of care? Looks like even if you took the entire nation into consideration, a good man like A Yao can be considered very rare."

"I told them this the moment they got married!" Aunt Lao chuckled as she added praise to Lin Si Yao's actions.

"That's why when you're choosing to marry in, the most important part is the husband. No matter how good their family is, if matched with a husband that is insensitive, everything would be wasted." Aunt Lao said as she with an unexplained conviction.

When originally negotiating a marriage for Xi Cui, there were 2 families that came over to the Lao family to discuss about the matchmaking. One family is a farmer from Luo Shui town, while the other is a distant relative of the Fang Family, who after settling in the city, opened a tofu store.

At the start, Uncle Lao instantly thought the family settled in the city would be the best choice. This is because after suffering through the pains of being a farmer, he believed that life in the city must be absolute bliss. However, after a few negotiations, alongside Aunt Lao who secretly went to speak with the neighbors of the candidate families, eventually she settled with the boy from Luo Shui Town.

Even though that rascal is a farmer, Aunt Lao liked him after meeting him a couple of times. She especially took into consideration how he is the pillar of support for his family, and the care and concern he showed to her daughter. There was also a time when she had seen them go out together; he would walk by her side and was conscious of her surroundings. This kind of man, even if he has a mediocre background, he still wouldn't treat her Xi Cui badly in any way, so she would not suffer much with him.

Whereas as expected, that rascal from the family that started a tofu business was actually married earlier this year. But half a year later, his now ex-wife had run back to her immediate family. The mother-in-law was harsh and her husband wasn't sensible at the least. Not only did he not help her, but also ganged up with his mother in beating and berating her.