"A Yao..." She breathed out and said it as a warning. From the door, she could hear light sounds of knocking.

"Damn it." Lin Si Yao lightly cursed as he held back his desire and got out of bed. 

Chapter 52: Preparing for Winter

Time passed quickly and soon it was Da Hui country's September celebration for a decade of good harvest. And with that, it had been exactly six months since she had transmigrated.

Tian Dabao had been following Lin Si Yao, calling him "Shifu" for about a month and a half. In addition to his routine homework of practicing the horse stance and , he had finally started to learn the art of qinggong and swordfighting from Lin Si Yao.

The iron sword that Tian Dabao used was made by Aunt Lao's eldest son, Lao Yongfu, at the request of Tian Dafu. Although it looked dull and crudely made, Tian Dabao cherished it. Aunt Tian had joked that even when he was sleeping, Dabao would hold on to it, not letting it go.

Ever since Lin Si Yao accepted Tian Dabao as a disciple, the morning chores - such as walking the wolf pups and the occasional hunt for wild animals- were all handed over to Dabao to do.

And Lin Si Yao himself would cuddle his lovely and innocent wife until the sun was three poles high in the sky (late in the morning) when Tian Dabao would be dragged back by the wolves. Of course he was uninjured, having just collapsed from exhaustion.

However, that situation started to change within a month's time. Instead of being dragged back, he was following the wolves from far behind, then he would be right behind them, and soon he was able to make it home at the same time as the wolves, albeit out of breath.

Tian Dabao's growth was both gratifying and obvious.

He had a good constitution. Lin Si Yao had already known this and that was the second reason why he had taken him in. Without a proper constitution, even with hard work one could only gain a strong and healthy body but wouldn't be able to attain mastery as a martial artist.

For the main reason, of course it was to have another person protect her. To Lin Si Yao's knowledge, other than Su Shuilian, he had never suffered a loss before.

If Tian Dabao wanted to learn the Profound Thousand Steps he had used previously, he would teach it. If he wanted to learn the stylish Saint Sword moves, he would teach it. As long as Tian Dabao wanted to learn, he would do his best to impart his knowledge. However, in the future if she were ever in any danger, he would have to protect his Shi Niang at all cost. That was his only condition.

---

The villagers of Fan Hua Town had been looking forward to the annual Autumn Harvest.

The Village Chief, Wang Gengfa, had visited Lin Si Yao.

The reason was not related to him; after the Autumn Harvest, the two acres of fertile land would be officially transferred to them. Not only that, after the rice paddies, corn, and soy had been harvested, the rest of the poles needed to be cleared. The key point was that the winter wheat and also other winter vestibules could now be planted in the fields.

Wang Gengfa was aware that Lin Si Yao was proficient in martial arts and that he could do the work of two people. So he hoped Lin Si Yao could help them with their Autumn Harvest. Of course, his side would help with the clean up and promised to give Lin Si Yao five hundred catties* of millet and one hundred catties of corn.

(Catty, 斤- weight equal to 0.5 kg)

Lin Si Yao raised no objections and readily agreed.

It was not because of the reward, but he had wanted to get a few pointers from an experienced farmer.