"I'm okay now. Even if Aunt Hua decides not to sell, we won't be losing anything." Su Shuilian smiled as she comforted him, reversing their roles.

Aunt Lao who was on her other side secretly praised her. Nobles ladies are generous ah. If it were her eldest daughter-in-law, she would have long caused an uproar. Even if the house were not sold, the Hua House would at least have to pay a fee for wasting their time. Ai, watching them walk every day from the city to this town, even having their dogs help them carry house related luggage - that all costs money ah. Thinking of this, Madam Lao turned around to take a closer look at the luggage on the dogs. She wasn't sure if they were carrying gifts for her, but then again, with the contract canceled, she doubted that she would receive anything.

---

"They came, they came. It's them, right?"

"It must be them. They look quite polite, so they wouldn't possibly continue to push through with the contract, right?"

"It's hard to say. The gentler they look, the harder they are to deal with."

"I don't think they look like unreasonable people. I mean, just look at how beautiful that girl is. Too bad the flower already has an owner. Otherwise, I would invite her to our house to become our son's wife, hehe."

"You dare want that beauty? Compared to your son Daniu, the man behind that girl is much more handsome. As for Daniu, I think he's only fated to marry that ol' Wen House's Chunbo."

"You... what is your filthy monkey-of-a-mouth saying ah! Pei!"

---

As Su Shuilian and Lin Si Yao entered the Hua house, there was a flurry of whispering.

Just as Madam Lao entered the yard, she was pulled aside by several familiar gossiping women.

"Wa! How about I just kill myself ah! Don't you know that I just did it for the future of our family? How was I supposed to know that they would go back on their words? I only just found out yesterday when I went to settle with the house! I was doing this for the own good of our family, yet you are so cold-hearted, even dared to hit me!? Woowoo..."

When Su Shuilian heard the conversation from outside the door, she rethought her decision to enter the Hua house. From what she had just overheard, they still seemed to be talking about private matters and stepping into such an...intense conversation would be rude.

"Ah! Miss Su, you're here! Come in!" Just as she had decided to wait until the situation had calmed down before entering, the door was opened by Hua House's eldest daughter-in-law, Fang-shi*. However, her demeanor was significantly different from her emotional outburst just a few seconds ago.

(XX-shi; XX-氏 - XX refers to maiden name)

Without any additional words, Fang-shi pulled Su Shuilian into the house. Looking at her rough actions, Lin Si Yao frowned. He looked at Su Shuilian's wrist and sure enough, it had turned red from that boorish peasant woman's actions. He shot a cold glare at Fang-shi before he walked toward Su Shuilian, enclosing her in a protective embrace, preventing anyone else from pulling her again. 

"You must be Miss Su, who had signed the contract with the Hua House right? I am the village head, and you can call me Uncle Wang" a certain elderly man said. He was dressed more formally compared to the other villagers and was holding a long (smoking) pipe. He asked with a clear understanding when he saw Su Shuilian being dragged in by the Hua House's eldest daughter-in-law.

"Mhn, Uncle Wang." Su Shuilian respectfully greeted the village elder with a nod of her head.

"Girl, do you intend to live in Fan Hua Town?" The village elder took a deep breath of smoke before looking up at Su Shuilian.