✦ *LEVEL 13 •. : LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.

Start from the beginning

You walked towards Vance as he dealed his cards.

Solitaire, you recognized. "You wanna play?" Vance saw your gaze on the cards as he finished his set up.

"Am I allowed?" You asked, scooting closer to Vance and his desk. "Yeah, just don't fuck them up, my cards are special." Vance looked at you with a warning glance.

"Why are you in my room?" Vance asked, grabbing hold of a queen of hearts and placing it on a king of spades.

"I just, I saw it was opened, and then went to close it, when I saw you playing with your cards." You flipped the cards open left by the queen of hearts, a two of spades, you place it on the three of diamonds.

"Is that it? That's all you wanted?" Vance rose his eyebrow at you, before playing his move. "Well, I thought about what you said, and I haven't really talked to you," you completed one column, making Vance nod and move your completed deck to another side to open the rest of the cards.

"You don't need to be buddy buddy with all of us, you know.." Vance looked at you with a smirk, "The other kids at our school fucking hate our guts, and honestly I fucking hate them too." The blonde shook with laughter, his blonde curls bobbing with him.

"So Robin and Finn tell me." you play along, laughing along with him.

"Why do the kids hate you so much anyway?" You pull an ace from the deck, placing it on the top.

"What, nobody told you?" Vance turned to you with a surprised look. "Told me what?" You tilt your head, a little confused.

"Holy shit," Vance turned to you and completely forgot about the deck of cards on his desk. "You're telling me those fucking idiots never told you?" Vance grabbed hold of your shoulders, squeezing you closer to him.

"Uh, depends on what you think they didn't tell me?" You shrugged, trying to finish your solitaire game.

"No, forget those stupid cards, c'mere." Vance pulled you to his bed. "Since nobody else wants to tell you, I will." Vance leans back on his headboard.

"It was summer of '78, we'd all just started middle school, around this time we didn't really know each other," Vance watched you, making sure you were listening.

And you were, you looked at him with a smile, nodding, signalling for him to continue.

"There was this piece of shit, he'd kidnap kids and we were some of the kids he just had to kidnap." Vance continued, playing with some of the rings on his hands.

You noticed that he was somewhat anxious, you realized that Vance wasn't the type to show his "weak" side, being more nonchalant and unbothered when it clearly bothered him to talk about it.

"You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to, I can tell you don't want to." You maintained eye contact with the blonde, his blue eyes were glossed over, Vance just huffed and shook his head.

"No, you deserve to know, especially if you're going to do that love shit with any of the boys." Vance teased, trying to get your attention off of him, which worked.

"What? Is it that obvious?" Your hands reached up to your face as if embarrassed.

"it's not, you just make it obvious, idiot." Vance flicked you on the forehead, earning an 'Ouch!' From you.

"Anyways, back to what I was telling," Vance looked out of his window, licking his lips. "We met each other in that stupid fucker's basement, and he did some fucked up shit to us." Vance shook his head in denial.

The blonde wouldn't like to admit it, just like the other boys, but what happened down in the basement would always haunt him and the others.

No matter how much they want that man to disappear out of their lives, he's always going to be in their nightmares.