A Touch Lingers

The following morning, with sunlight shining directly into his eyes, Shawn woke up to a warm body practically smothering him. Taylor hand rolled around in the middle of the night, no longer snuggled into his side, but lain haphazardly across his chest, long strands of hair tickling his nose and getting into his mouth. Her shirt had risen at some point during their slumber, revealing a little bit of her midriff and waist. His fingers twitched in their spot behind his head, itching to brush against her side. His eyes drifted across her face, probably staring a little too long to be considered polite, but he couldn't help himself. He hadn't had someone comfortable enough in his presence to fall asleep in the same room as him, let alone draped over his body like a second blanket.

A small smile spread across his lips despite himself, she looked so peaceful currently. Her lips parted just the slightest bit, eyelashes fluttering over her cheekbones, peppering her skin with the lightest of butterfly kisses. The itch to brush against her skin growing stronger, he allowed himself to brush just the slightest of caresses across her cheek, delighting in the small dreamy smile that spread across her face and the softest of moans spilled from her lips. Her brow creased ever so slightly before she hummed, rolling over and burying her face into his neck as she sighed. Shawn stilled, hand hovering over the back of her head as her breath tickled the hair at the nape of his neck.

His fingers found their way into her loose hair, tangling themselves in the strands and brushing his nails over her scalp. A purr practically vibrated itself out of her chest and she melted even further against him. A bright blush spread across his cheeks, hand stilling in her hair as she nuzzled into the side of his neck, her lips featherlight as she sighed into his skin. His eyes drifted up to stare at his ceiling, fingers once again finding a rhythm against her scalp, ignoring the fluttering of his own heart and the tingling in his fingers. It couldn't have been more than 10 minutes before she was stirring again, another soft moan falling from her lips as she squirmed atop him. Biting back the groan that rumbled in his chest, he blinked down at her as her eyes cracked open, recognition lighting up in them. A small smile spread across her face as she sat up, perched on his abdomen as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"Good morning." She whispered, a teasing lilt to her tone as she shifted above him.

Gritting his teeth, he steadied her with his hands, holding her hips steady as he sucked in a deep breath. She blinked down at him innocently, head cocked to the side as she fought the urge to grin. Glaring up at her, he frowned at the dark look he could see behind her demure facade. His grip on her waist tightened ever so slightly, causing her to squeak, her own cheeks flushing as he pulled her further down and onto his lap. Her eyes widened in shock as he thrust up into her, his own lips pulling into a smirk as hers popped open in surprise.

"A good morning indeed." His voice rumbled, husky from sleep or arousal she couldn't tell, but the roughness of it had her grinding down against him regardless.

Shawn growled, honest to god growled at her, before she was suddenly on her back. Blinking up at him towering over her, she shivered at the look in his eyes. The bright yellow seemed warmer now, deeper; simmering a dark golden color as he stared at her beneath him. His arms caged her in, legs pinning her down as his head dipped low, lips skimming her cheeks as they slipped further down and peppering her neck with small kisses and nips of his sharp teeth. Whining, she squirmed beneath him, hands coming up to push against his chest lightly. Blinking, the deep gold color seemed to fade back into bright yellow as he pulled away, breath coming out in harsh pants as he sat up. As if a switch had been flipped, his face flushed a brilliant scarlet, hands coming up to cover his mouth as he sputtered out apology after apology. If she weren't so embarrassed herself she would've found it cute.

"Christ, I don't know what came over me. Seeing you looking so smug above me, it's like something inside of me snapped. I sincerely apologize for my actions." He hesitantly spared her a glance, face absolutely burning in shame as he eyed the darkened spots on her neck where he mouthed at but a minute ago.