chapter fifty-two

Start from the beginning

Sirius smiled fondly as though he was looking back at a memory. Amy watched him cautiously. She felt bad because all she would ever do is talk bad about her mother, yet here he was acting as though he would give anything to see her again.

He looked up and met her glaze and it was like something snapped inside of him, pulling him out of his daze. "Right, well enough of that." He said. "The others will be back soon, you go and sort out your belongings and I'll try not to burn the house down." He said as he turned around and tried to work the oven out again.

Amy slowly left the room and started heading up the stairs and couldn't help but wonder what her parents could be doing right now.

**************************

"He was guarding it." Harry said.

The trio had gotten back from their trip to St Mungo's and were giving Amy a run down on everything Mr Weasley had told them.

"The prophecy?" Amy asked, sitting at the end of her bed.

"Yes, and You-Know-Who sent the snake as a lookout." Hermione said.

"Do they have any idea of where it went after?" Amy asked.

"No.." Hermione answered.

All further questions were halted as Harry suddenly got up and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Ron and Hermione looked to each other with a knowing look whereas Amy seemed very confused. "What's up with him?" She asked.

"He's been acting strange all year." Hermione said softly and sighed, "but we heard Moody say something to Arthur at the hospital.."

Amy waited for her to finish her sentence.

"He said, that..You-Know-Who has been possessing Harry and that's why he saw the snake attack Mr. Weasley."

Amy raised her eyebrows. Possession? If Harry can see things from the snakes perspective does that mean Voldermort can see things from Harry's? He heart suddenly dropped at the thought of Voldermort looking into this very room.

********

The next morning was spent by putting up Christmas decorations. Amy had never seen Sirius look happier; he was singing carols around the house, delighted to have company over Christmas.

"Please someone stop him." Ron said as he hung up a piece of tinsel.

Around six o'clock in the evening, Mrs Weasley had called them all down for dinner. Amy took her usual seat at the table, between Harry and Sirius, whose chair remained empty as he was still singing somewhere. However, Harry had not been much conversation lately.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked him as she sat down on the other side of him.

"Fine," said Harry stiffly.

"Oh, don't lie, Harry." She said impatiently. "You've been hiding from everyone since we got back from St Mungo's."

"And you won't look at any of us." Ginny added, who was seated opposite Hermione.

"It's you lot who won't look at me!" Said Harry angrily.

"Maybe you're taking in turns to look, and keep missing each other." Amy suggested, feeling the corners of her mouth twitch.

"Very funny." Harry snapped.

"Oh, stop feeling all misunderstood." Said Hermione sharply. "We all think that you -"

"All been talking about me, have you? Well, I'm getting used to it." Harry growled.

Amy felt as though she was listening to Pansy bicker with someone.

"We wanted to talk to you, Harry." Said Ginny.

"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry.

"Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily, "seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels."

This definitely shut Harry up. Amy looked down and smirked as though she was proud of Ginny.

"I forgot." He said.

"Lucky you," said Ginny coolly. "Do you remember everything you've been doing? Are there big blank periods where you don't know what you've been up to?"

"No." He replied.

"Then You-Know-Who hasn't ever possessed you," said Ginny simply.

"That dream I had about your dad and the snake, though -"

"Harry you've had these dreams before," Hermione said.

"This was different." Said Harry shaking his head. "I was inside that snake. It was like I was the snake....what if Voldemort somehow transported me to London - ?"

Amy almost face palmed at his theory. "You can't Apparate or Dissapparate inside Hogwarts, you would have to had got to Hogesmede station to do it." Amy explained

"You didn't leave your bed mate." Said Ron.

Amy watched as the cogs in Harry's head started turning and it looked as though a weight had lighted off his shoulders.

"You're not his weapon." Amy said. Harry looked relieved at her words.

The moment of happiness was then interrupted by Sirius walking past the door, singing "God Rest Ye, Merry Hippogriffs!"