Chapter 1

"Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
But she ain't messin with no broke niggas"

"Gold digger" by Kanye West boomed through the air at the party Mia and her best friend Ashley were at. It was a summer night in Boston Massachusetts so every boy or girl who was in there teens or early adulthood wanted to go out and party. Mia and Ashley were currently in the corner of the party sipping on there drinks when two men they recognized came towards them. One of the men was named Jaylen Brown. He was a small forward on the NBA basketball team Boston Celtics. The next man was also on the team named Jayson Tatum the power forward. Mia was cool with Jaylen, she thought he was a funny guy who anyone can get along with. She couldn't say that same about Jayson though. Jayson was the biggest player Mia ever met. I mean Jayson would text at least 5 girls at the same time and met with them on the same day. Everybody knew he was a player. He would flex about it all the time. Mia knew Jayson was hot. She had the biggest crush on him for a while but she wouldn't allow herself to get mixed in with all the other girls.

"Hey ladies" Jaylen said while sliding in by Ashley smiling and Jayson doing the same but sitting by me.

"What's good Jaylen" Ashley said smiling at him while they held eye contact.

"Nah nothing much. Me and JT for real bored as hell in this lame ass party." Jaylen responded while taking a sip of his drink. Not gonna lie this party was lame I would definitely ditch this place right now.

"For real I wanna leave now. This shit janky as fuck" Ashley said while finishing her drink.

"That's cool. Wanna catch a ride with me?" Jaylen said to Ashley while smirking. Ashley nodded her head and said "Bet" before grabbing her purse and leaving with Jaylen. Damn. Not even a bye? and did she for real just leave me with Jayson? Oh hell nah I'm leaving I thought and was about to grab my stuff till Jayson started to speak.

"Yo ma I'm bored too you need a ride home?" Jayson said while getting up.

"Nah I'm straight" I said and getting up. Truth is I do need a ride home and Jayson dose live really close to me but ain't no way I'm getting a ride from him.

"Cmon Mia you live a couple house down just hop in the car." Jayson said. I was hesitant at first took me a bit but I did need a ride home so I agreed and shook my head yes before following him outside to his car. It was a white BMW 2023 5-series. He unlocked the car while going to the passengers side and opening the car door for me. I mumbled a thank you and got in. The car was really clean, there was no mess anywhere. The seats were a leather black and had red stripes on the stealing wheel. Once he closed my door he entered on the drivers side and turned on the car. After the car was turned on he played "My Boo" by Usher and Alicia Keys. It was a quiet car ride no other sounds besides the cars on the streets and the music playing. I was praying that the car ride would go faster. I don't think I can actually stay in the car with him right now. It was the most uncomfortable car ride I've ever been on. It felt like forever but in reality it was only 15 minutes. We finally rolled up to my house. Once he parked in the drive way I thanked him and was about to exit till he stoped me.

"Wait Mia I got a question." Jaysons said tapping me singling to stop moving.

I huffed a bit before turning towards him and making eye contact. "what's up?" I said hoping it gonna go fast.

"You hate me or sum? Because you for real always tryna ignore me. But unless you got a little crush on me" Jayson said smirking.

I looked at him surprise. This man is so cocky it's insane. I mean yeah he cute but ain't now way I finna get my feelings broke over him. And doesn't this man have a whole child and he thinks it's fun breaking girls hearts? Kinda sad for real. "nah bru I just don't like you.

"Ight sure ma what ever you say" he said while brushing it off and unlocking the car so I can exit.
I entered the house and got ready for bed. I went into the bathroom striped and took a shower and brushed me teeth while combing my hair and washing my face. Once I was done with my whole night room routine I sat done on my bed scrolling through all my social medias till I got two Instagram notification.

Instagram
jaytatum0 has started following you

Instagram
jaytatum0 has liked your photo

I clicked on the notification and surprised to see he followed,liked, and comment "😍" on my latest post. For some reason I liked it but I refuse to get caught up with him.