Escort: Untie!

The bonds unravel off of Rukia's wrist and into the collar of her neck.

Escort: Lieutenant Abarai...  Thank you for escorting the prisoner.  Now...we must go.

Renji: Eh?  Very well.

Before Renji left, he turn back to Rukia and walks up to her.

Escort: Hey!  Lieutenant?!

Renji places his hand on Rukia's shoulder and moves close to her ear.

Renji: Here's a tidbit...  Of idle gossip for you.  Yesterday...  Some new Ryoka entered the Soul Society.  There were five of them.  One of them...was a Soul Reaper with a sword as tall as he was.  A Soul Reaper with orange hair.

As soon as Renji mentioned Ichigo's description, Rukia looks at him with a look of surprise on her face, a look that shows life in her eyes.

Later

Later

Renji could now be seen walking through the barracks, thinking about Rukia's expression, not too long ago.

Renji's thoughts: All these days...  Seeing her...so alive... 

As he was thinking to himself, he then thinks about Ichimaru, who encountered the Ryoka, earlier.

Renji's thoughts: Ichimaru intercepted him...  Could he really be alive?  It was probably better that I didn't tell her that part...

???: Hey!

Renji stops when he heard someone calling to him.  He looks to see someone waving at him.

???: Hello!

Renji: Aizen...

The one called Aizen is a Soul Reaper with short, brown hair and brown eyes, and wears the same black kimono like Renji, but with the addition of the white captains coat.

Aizen: It's good to see you

Aizen: It's good to see you...Renji.  Do you...have a moment?

Renji follows Aizen the storage room, where the won't be seen.