Chaprter 16: Until the Multiverse Falls Apart

Začít od začátku

"Gwen?" he asks once more. His heart was hammering against his rib cage, threatening to break through. The boy thought he mind throw up. What if she had-

"Stop talking," The girl in question, hissed.

"Oh thank God. You're okay," he placed a hand over his chest to try and slow it's erratic beating, "Just hang tight. I'll be there in a minute."

"Miles, no," she whisper shouted, "Stay there. I'm fine." With that she hung up, leaving any further questions the boy might have had to float around the air, weighing it down until it felt like he were drowning.

In an instant the boy was to his feet and changing into his customized red and black suit.

He slipped his dimension hopper onto his wrist and punched in the numbers, practically diving through, as soon a the portal opened.

He quickly found himself on a rooftop in a run-down street in The Bronx. The sky was a dark purple. The color of the sky was one of the reasons Miles loved this dimension so much. Though he'd usually call it beautiful, the place he had wound up was anything but. The buildings were dilapidated and this sector just looked all around shady. His superpowered hearing aided him in easily catching on to the sound of the same gunshots he'd heard over Gwen's phone just across the street.

The building was hadn't been finished, the roof only made up of a few pieces of ply wood. The wall looked like it would crumble under it own weight at any moment.

Without wasting a second, the young hero darted of in the direction of the disturbance. His web-shooters carrying him swiftly and easily.

Once he was swinging directly above the building, he fired two web-lines at the makeshift roof and hurled himself at it, feet first. His feet crashed through, the wood slitting around him as he landed, crouched down with a hand on the floor to keep his balance.

The room he found himself on was dark and grimy. Lining the wall were metal crates, which he assumed held the drugs Gwen had spoken of. In the center of the roof were twelve men who were staring at him wide eyed in shock.

The burliest man who stood in the middle of the rest. Turned to the guy on his right and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt.

"What are you idiots waiting for?!" he barked, "Shoot him!"

Miles hopped out of the was as the bullet storm began, ducking behind a nearby crate. His feet shuffled against the concrete floor, that was now more like gravel after being broken down so much.

He poked his head out to see if he could catch sight of Gwen, but instantly ducked back when he almost got his face blown off.

He had to find her. What if she had been hurt?

The boy clenched his fists and sucked in a breath as he let a cloak of invisibility envelope him. He sat there, waiting for the right moment, before he sprang up, just narrowly avoiding a bullet and searching behind each and every crate in the room the blond spider. It was times like these when he really appreciated his powers.

As he danced his way around the room his eyes caught a fleck of white. He let out a breath of relief. Above him, settled on one of the ceiling's support beams was Spider-woman, watching the chaos below her unfold.

With a quick leap, Miles was by her side. He let his cloaking fade as he tapped her shoulder to reveal his presence.

She spun on her heels wide eyed as she landed a quick jab to his face. The bow stumbled back as he held his cheek, trying his hardest to keep his balance.

"Miles?" she whispered, baffled, "I told you to stay home!"

Miles tried to shake of the the stinging pain in his cheek as he slowly opened and closed his mouth, "Did you really just punch me in the face?"