Chapter 4 ~ brother

Start from the beginning

I quickly somewhat dried myself with a towel and made my way to the hallway of rooms. I didn't know how this kept on happening, but I came across Mira again. This time I didn't even take a look at her and just simply walked past her.

Nighttime was even worse with very loud party music, people going insane and sex in front of others. I couldn't get more discusted than I was already before. A siren went off and everyone went to the lobby screaming for Hatter. I was lucky that I changed my things beforehand. He announced that new games were up. Almost all of the games looked very intense and brutal, so I instead followed Ann and Arisu. Downstairs was Kuina. I greeted her and introduced her to my brother. They both shake hands and grabbed a phone with a waterproof case. We all wondered why it had one though.

A boy I had never seen before but seemed to know my brother informed Ann that water is leaking. "You're from the tag game, you're still alive," Arisu said and they both smiled. "Yes, I help with maintenance at the beach and-" "Leave the formalities for after the game," Ann interrupted. She then turned to me and demanded quietly: "We are testing Arisus abilities. Don't do anything, even if you know the answer."

Before the game even started water was already flowing up to my knees.

[Game]
Light bulb
Difficulty:
4 of diamonds

[Game]
Which switch turns on the light bulb?
Rules:
Only one switch among A, B or C will turn on the light bulb. You only have one chance to flip a switch while the door is open. If the door is closed, you can flip all of the switches as much as you like. If someone is in the room or if the switch has been turned on, the door will be locked in place and cannot be moved. You will only have one chance to answer as a group. If the water level rises and touches the electrical wires, it's game over.

One of the girls was stupid enough to touch one of the wires. She got heavily electrocuted and dropped in to the water. "We have no choice but to bet on it." "Using all seven lives here?", Ann and Arisu discussed as the water reached my hips. "Or six, I guess," she said looking at the dead body. The answer was easy, but it was still stressing me. "If you know the answer then tell us already!", he shouted. I felt bad. "Didn't I tell you? We're testing you."

Kuina and Tatta yelled at us that they give up and already beg for her to tell. Ann basically did the talking for me and I was glad she did. I watched Arisu stop to think about it and I could tell when it hit him. They closed the door, flipped switch A and waited a bit. The others were having doubts and a woman looked like she was close to a panic attack. Kuina opened the door, Arisu flipped switch B which didn't turn the bulb on and ordered someone to touch it. "It's hot!", Kuina yelped. "It's switch A," Ann and Arisu both said and the water stopped leaking with just an inch left between it and the wires.

\\---- at the beach 20 minutes later ----//

"Here we both are again. Are you searching for your love of your life again," I teased my brother "Shut up, Y/n. You never pulled anyone before." he said back and I just stared at him offended. He immediately went to Usagi after he had found her. I awkwardly waddled behind them. Why did I always have to be the third wheel. Good thing that Kuina joined the conversation.

"Your girlfriend?", she asked Arisu. "Huh what? You're wrong," his appearant 'not-girlfriend' stuttered. I side-eyed them knowing it was as good as a lie while Kuina openly shipped them together. After some silent seconds she told us more about herself.

"Hey, stop playing that tacky music," bitchface niragi demanded with a whole gang with him.
"It's the militants at the beach. If you want to live peacefully at the beach, avoid getting involved with them," Kuina explained. I wish I knew this before I even met Niragi.

"The leader, Aguni, is an ex-SDF officer and he is in charge of all the weapons. The ones currently in power are the number one, Hatter and his devotees. Aswell as the militants led by Aguni. We've only barely managed to mantain peace and order here, but a conflict between the two parties could happen anytime." They approached us... "What happened to your pal?" Did he mean Karube or Chota? Did Arisu see him in one of the other games? "I see, he died," he said after a long noiseless pause. "What a shame. So only the small fish survived... You, bring the woman over." He ment Usagi. "Can I bring the other slut too?", Niragi discustingly joked, meaning me.

"Hey!", Arisu shouted and blocked Niragis way. "Our boss says, he wants a taste of you." He grabbed Usagis hand. "Stop it!" "What should we do about this kid?"
"Break his legs, he'll die in the next game."

"Is this a fight?" Hatter got out of the crowd and stopped everything from escalating. "All execitive memebrs are to gather in the meeting room. Arisu, you're coming too."

____-----____-----____-----____

We all got seated, except for Arisu. I took one next to Chishiya who waved at him. I forgot that they knew eachother.
"Two of spades, six of spades, four of diamonds, 2 of clubs. We collected all four of them. Until now, we still haven't found any face cards," Mira informed.
"If face cards don't exist, then we are only left with the 10 of hearts."
"If it doesn't appear, then we can't clear it. Maybe there needs to be a condition for it to appear. Maybe it's outside of tokyo."
"A game arena has never been found outside of tokyo."
"But we haven't investigated that far yet."
"The strategy won't change. We will continue investigating the game arenas in town. Make sure you have days left for your visas and keep a look out for the 10 of hearts. I need to replenish my visa soon."

"There's a way to earn Visa days for sure"
"Is that so?"
"Heart games let you toy with the hearts and feelings of others. If you bring along those who don't mind dying, you'll survive for sure," Mira explained. "Even the seven of hearts game that Arisu cleared. The same thing happened, didn't it? It's a game that doesn't even aquire you to use your brain."
"As someone who has cleared a heart game before, do you have any advice, Arisu?"
"But would a heart game appear so conviniently?", Ann questioned with a fair point. "On top of that, we won't know what type of game it is until registration closes."
"But we should be able to deduce it based on the probability theory."
Hatter slammed his hand on the table.
"I don't need such a pretentious investigation method. I'll join the next game. Someone like me with a 100% clear rate will clear it easily! Executive members, I'm counting on you guys to oversee things here. The meeting is adjoured!"

Hatter asked Arisu to meet him later.
"Sis, you go ahead, see you tomorrow, right?" "Yeah, yeah." I spent the rest of the night sleeping.