No one disliked pleasantry, and Li Chengjing was no exception. His expression softened, and the two entered the inner chamber. Cheng Yujin pressed Li Chengjing onto the chair, then went off before returning with a bowl of longevity noodles.

Li Chengjing was surprised: "You cooked for me?"

"Yes." Cheng Yujin put the bowl in front of Li Chengjing, "It's been forever since I was last in the kitchen, so my cooking skills have deteriorated a lot. Please be nice even if the noodles don't taste good enough."

Li Chengjing took Cheng Yujin's hand and said: "You are still recovering; why are you working so hard? The kitchen is hot, and you also cannot touch cold water. What if you fell ill again?"

"Your Highness, I am not made of paper. I've rested long enough, and a bit of cooking won't do me harm." Cheng Yujin sat next to Li Chengjing, smiling, "I had been thinking long and hard, but still failed to find you a suitable present. In the end, only this bowl of noodles can express my feelings. This longevity noodle is one single strand, and this is my wish for you. May my Highness's life as long as this noodle; smooth and uninterrupted."

Li Chengjing was literally beaming with happiness, and his eyes were very gentle as he looked at Cheng Yujin, "I'm very happy. However, you are still recovering and should not do hard work. Next time, just leave everything to the servants, okay?"

"How can I do that?" Cheng Yujin smiled, "My birthday is in the twelfth month, and so is our children's. In our family, you alone were born in the summer, so of course I cannot wrong you. Otherwise, it will seem like the three of us are deliberately leaving you out."

Li Chengjing couldn't help laughing. His eyes were full of light, just like the starry sky.

After Li Chengjing finished eating the longevity noodles, he and Cheng Yujin went into the bedroom to see Mingyue and Mingqian. The twins were growing up day by day, and they were no longer as thin as they were on the day they were born. Li Chengjing held both children and commented honestly, "Mingqian has gotten fatter again."

"What did you say?" Cheng Yujin glared. "Which part of Mingqian is fat? They are just growing up."

"I was wrong." Li Chengjing put the two 'growing' children on the couch and let them play alone. When he turned around, he saw the item Cheng Yujin had just retrieved from a box and asked, "What is that?"

Cheng Yujin sat on the side of the couch, held Li Chengjing's hand, and tied the five-colored silk threads around his wrist.

"I remember it was on the day of the Dragon Boat Festival that I first learned about Ninth Uncle's birthday. At that time, I had no time to prepare a gift, so I had no choice but to give you the five-colored silk thread I personally weaved. They say your birthday is ominous, but I don't believe it." Cheng Yujin tied a knot, then raised her head and said with a smile, "Alright. With this, Ninth Uncle will live until one hundred. Happy and blessed."

The light was gentle, adding a soft layer inside the room. Li Chengjing looked at the smiling beauty in front of her and suddenly reminisced about the year he first met Cheng Yujin. The girl had just learned about his birthday, which fell on the Dragon Boat Festival. After a moment of surprise, she put a five-colored silk thread on his wrist, saying that the fifth month was just a month when many poisonous insects started to become active and had nothing to do with bad luck.

At the time, Li Chengjing could see that the thread was very exquisitely made. Since Cheng Yujin personally carried it with her, it must be the thing she originally made for herself.