"I know and I want it to work so badly... it's just that... I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up and realize that you're no longer there..."

"Oh Cass... you're not going to get rid of me that easily." He tipped my chin up and his lips touched mine in a soft and comforting kiss. I sighed in contentment.

When we broke apart, he looked at me with determination. "One day, I will prove it to you that this..." he gestured to the both of us before continuing, "is right, that it's all worthed. You'll see."

He kissed me one more time and that kiss held a promise that this was not going to be the end, it was only the beginning.

I saved the page and closed my laptop and I let out a sigh as I took off my glasses and massaged my forehead softly. My mind lingered to the final words that I had written to end the story, a story that will only be for my eyes only and I felt a pang of guilt as the reality looked me in the face. I was creating a happy ending to a story that never had one, or that never even began. Well, the story did hint that they will eventually end up together but that wasn't really what happened.

Cal. I thought of his name. My mind was transported back to the time that our flirting was starting to get serious. During the moments that I would miss him, I would go to his private profile in social media and look at his pictures and that was when I got the time to really go through all that's available including, checking profiles from those that commented on his pictures to see if there would be more recent pictures that I could find of him but it wasn't just his picture that I found, it was a picture of a happy family that was staring me right in the face.

I wasn't sure how I felt upon learning the truth. I couldn't say that I was blindsided because I was always skeptical about long-distance relationship. It was too good to be true and I was right.

I didn't even think twice about telling him what I learned, and I would never forget the conversation that we had.

Cassidy Ramirez: I tried stalking you online, you know.

There was no response from him, but I knew he was reading my message.

Cassidy Ramirez: You have a beautiful family.

It was true, they looked happy and new, and I want to tell him that I felt betrayed, but I had no right to do that. I had no right to judge because...because... he wasn't the only one keeping that kind of secret.

John Carl Pelaez: Thank you... yours too.

I realized that I wasn't the only one doing the stalking.

John Carl Pelaez: I'm sorry Cass.

I sighed and typed my response. He wasn't the only one who made a mistake.

Cassidy Ramirez: Why are you apologizing. It's not like there was anything going on between us. Is there?

I was afraid of what he will say but I had to know because ever since we started communicating, I thought that there was something there that was starting between us, and it frightened me because it was so wrong in so many levels.

John Carl Pelaez: I think there was... I had hoped there was but... oh Cass why did it happen?

The question felt like he was asking himself more than me, but I answered anyway.

Cassidy Ramirez: I guess it was a product of too much communication, and overfriendliness. Besides Cal, you're not a person that is not hard to like when one gets to know you, after all.