Prove Your Value - 2 (Ep. 3)

(Dokja's POV)

Sangah bit her nail nervously, holding a phone to her ear. "The police..." She said shakily to Dokja. "The police aren't picking up! What do we do?"

"Sangah-ssi, stay calm." Dokja tried to reassure her. "Sangah-ssi, you've played the game the development team is currently working on, right? You know, the one where only a handful of people survive the apocalypse."

"Huh, what's that got to do with anything?"

"Think of it this way," Dokja said, holding her shoulders. "We're part of that game now."

"A game..." Sangah answered unsurely, looking at the scenario window. "It's simple," Dokja continued. "Every game has rules. We just need to follow them."

"Rules? What are you-?" Sangah still didn't understand, so Dokja had to help her once more. "We just have to figure out what those rules are," Dokja said as he turned from Sangah.

'A Dokkaebi with antennae."

'A litter of dead bodies in the subway cabin.'

'Trembling office workers covered in blood.'

'An old lady praying fervently in her seat.'

"Are those words from your stupid novel Kim Dokja!?" Yoo Junghyeok asked, venom in his voice. I nodded. "Why wasn't he doing anything?"

"I still couldn't believe this was really happening. But I couldn't deny it any longer. No..." Sangah was shown holding onto Dokja's arm, both of them watching the sight in front of them. "I have no choice but to admit it now." People started to scream, bagging on doors, wanting to escape. "I don't know why, but it was clear that TWSA, which I've been reading for over ten years, was coming to life before my eye."

"Think..." Dokja closed his eyes and took a breath. "What do I need to do... to survive?"

"Ok everyone! Calm down!"

Everyone at table one tensed after hearing that voice. They knew who that voice belonged to. The owner was sitting at their table right now. The voice continued speaking.

"Take a deep breath, and stop what your doing."

The owner of the voice was shown on the screen.

"Have you all calmed down? May I have your attention for a moment?"

It was Lee Hyeonsung. Lee Hyeonsung stared at his on-screen self.

"As you all know, in a national emergency such as this one, even a small commotion can lead to heavy casualties. So, from now on, I will take charge of the situation."