Chapter 8-confessions

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to sit with us?"

"Sure."

They walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat by their friends. Emily made sure that Regulus and Marisa were sitting together. Emily made it so that the bench was dusty.

"Why are Gryffindor's benches so dirty?" Regulus asked.

"What do you mean?" Marisa asked.

Regulus grabbed some of the dust and held it out to her. She got a huge smile and grabbed some of her own.

"So I could do this." She dropped it on his lap.

"You're so lucky we have a bunch of teachers in here or you'd be dead." Regulus mumbled with a smile.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU, NO!" James shouted.

"Why?! Are you really that scared?!" Sirius shouted back.

"Yes! Her answer could ruin my life!"

"James, Sirius, be quiet." Remus made the two shut up. The boys sat across from Emily and her friends.

"Hey Reg!" Sirius smiled.

"Hey."

Everyone ate in an awkward silence.

"Were you guys talking about Lily?" Emily finally asked.

"No." They all said in unison.

"Emily~ we only have a week left of school." Marisa said in a sing-song voice.

"I know."

"You know what that means. You have to confess."

"Shut up Marisa. You have to confess too."

"Confess what?" James and Regulus asked together.

"Nothing." Was the girl's reply.

"They made a deal at the beginning of the year that they would confess to their crushes, unless they're dating someone." Nora replied. Both Emily and Marisa smacked her while Julian chuckled.

"When are you gonna confess?" James asked.

"The last day of school. I'm just hoping he'll man up and ask the girl he likes." Emily said, frowning.

"Why? If you like him, why would you want him to go with someone else?" James asked.

"Because then I don't have to go through the rejection."

"That's stupid! You should be showing them what they're missing! If they aren't in love with you something is wrong with them!" James' voice had raised.

"It's not that simple James. He's been in love with this girl for way long. Years in fact."

"Maybe he just thinks he's in love with her. Maybe he'll realize he's not when the girl he actually loves is there."

"That's way too far fetched."

"That's how it was for me. You never really know how someone feels about you until you ask them."

"What do you mean that's how it was for you? Are you not in love with Lily anymore?" Emily had softened her voice.

"I never was. I just thought I was."

"Why don't you confess to the girl you love?"

"Because he's scared of rejection. He really loves this girl." Remus answered and Emily frowned. James deserves happiness.

"I could help you guys. Maybe I could find a way for you to confess without having to worry about rejection. Like you could say it's a prank or a dare after she answers. I guess you would have still gotten rejected but then you don't have to worry about embarrassing yourself." Emily said and James frowned. He didn't want her to try and set her up with someone else.

"What would I say?"

"Just say what you feel. Practice on me, pretend I'm her." Emily's heart was slowly shriveling up ready to die.

"Okay. Emily, I'm so in love with you. Every time I see your smile I smile. Every time I hear your sweet voice I nearly die because I'm so in love with you. It's killing me to know your out of my reach. Whenever I see you talking with someone else I get so jealous that I just want to take you away from everyone. I want you all for myself. I know it sounds selfish but it's true. Everyone is always asking me what I'm so afraid of. I've asked someone out before. But it's different with you. Your answer could crush my whole world. I don't think I can live without you. I really am so in love with you. Something like that?" Emily stared at him in shock. Her heart was pounding. She could barely breathe.

"Wow, umm that might be hard to pass as a prank."

"Yeah. I have to go." James left the great hall as fast as he could.

All of their friends were staring at Emily.

"How did that feel? You had to have pretended it was real." Marisa broke the silence.

"Why'd he say my name? If he hadn't I would have been able to pretend I didn't wish it was real. I hope he's happy with her."

"You really are stupid aren't you?" Sirius asked.

"Sirius!" Remus smacked him.

"I'm just saying."