Peter Chronicles Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Just remember that your Uncle Clint is never old. Moving on,"

Clint continued making small corrections in Peter's form and giving explanations and tips before Peter made his first shot at the target. Peter didn't mind though; he was honestly enjoying it. After a little while longer Peter was making his first shot with his bow and arrow ever. 

Clint gave Peter a thumbs up as Peter nocked the arrow and positioned himself like how Uncle Clint has been from the start of the actual practice. Then he let the arrow go before the arrow landed on the white ring on the target. Peter honestly didn't care that it wasn't a bullseye, he had made it onto the target! 

"That's how you do it Spidey!" Clint had cheered him on while scooping Peter up and they did a quick celebration.

Peter only did a few more shots, similar results as the first, before they went inside and had dinner. Laura and Natasha seeming just as excited as Clint had been when Peter made the first shot. After this Peter would practice, with or without Clint, once a week so he could hopefully eventually become a pro like his Uncle Clint. 

-Book club-

Peter had to start school work a little over a month after his birthday. Peter had seen the movies that school work was hard and boring and made you want to pull your hair out. So, Peter was ready for his Aunt Laura, who was his homeschooling teacher, to pull out the hardest math problems he's ever seen and pull out a book as thick and boring as the dictionary. Not simple math problems that he could finish in his head without even thinking about it and books that he found to be even more boring than a dictionary and just as easy as singing the ABC's.

After he told his Aunt Laura this she gave him a packet for math to find his spot in grade levels for what he should be learning. After this the learning level was harder for Peter but he was still finishing his work pretty quickly and not taking as long as he thought it would. English in particular he found to be boring. 

"Aunt Laura, can I just finish the rest of the book and the questions that I know you already have? This is boring."

"Peter you need to read. It doesn't matter how boring you find it."

"I can guess everything that is going to happen in this book though. The guy is going to like the girl but be too nervous to tell her, the girl doesn't realize he likes her, they get closer and just when you might think the guy is going to tell her that he likes her, one of them dies or something else comes up pushing the confession back later to where they inevitably kiss."

Laura chuckled at his exasperation and insight but inwardly she frowned. Most the books that schools want children to read were very predictable or dull to the point it's painful. Then she had a great idea, what's the point of homeschooling if you can't have a little fun with the teaching part. Especially since English was her favorite childhood subject, she had to give it some justice.

So, the next day when it came to English Peter didn't see the book he had been reading. Aunt Laura gave him a book labeled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

"What's this Aunt Laura?"

"We will be changing your English classes from now on."

"Okay?"

"Instead of you just reading and answering questions we will be reading books and talking about what happened and I ask you altered questions so it's not as boring."

"So, like a book club?"

"Yeah, I guess like a book club. Now first five chapters, go."

Reading the first five chapters Laura would look over to make sure Peter liked the book selection. From his facial expressions she would see and the giggling she would hear, she had a feeling that he decently enjoyed it.