Happy Birthday Peter!

Start from the beginning

Presents: Check.

Finally, they had to get the cake. 

They had a long debate over text message to decide what cake they should get, from the the flavor of the cake down to what the cake theme should be. Clint thought the cake should just be red and blue theme like the decorations but Laura and Natasha both agreed that the cake should have something to it other than colors. Laura thought Legos which they agreed on until Natasha had a better idea. It would be harder to figure out, but it was definitely the best idea.

Then the flavor was hard to decide since Peter hasn't had cake while there, and they asked if he wanted ice cream or cake but he said he was okay with either. So, they decided to get a cake and have vanilla ice cream (which they knew he liked) as back up in case he didn't like the cake. Then they knew they were going to get a more basic cake flavor because Peter seemed to like simpler flavors. Which led to them choosing a half vanilla and half chocolate cake.

Cake: Check.

Soon enough Peters birthday came. The night before they covered the house in the dollar store red and blue decorations. Banners that said 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' with red and blue streamers randomly hanging throughout the house. Finally, Natasha brought out the picnic table from the horse stable next to the tree Peter liked to climb so much and decorated the area. She hung some more streamers in the tree and on the table, she put little table toppers on the table, a red one and a blue one naturally. 

Then it was time to wake Peter up. Most mornings Peter woke up on his own and would come out around 7 but this morning they got to decorating early and waited for him to come down the stairs.

As for Peter, when he woke up, he knew something was up because the first thing he smelled was the chocolate chunk pancakes that Uncle Clint made only two times since Peter has come. The first time when he heard Peter learned how to ride a horse and the second when Peter fixed the toaster. So, Peter was trying to figure out what it could mean. He couldn't think of any achievements anyone could have done lately, then Peter knew he wasn't going to start school for another two weeks, and no one was coming as far as he knew. He couldn't figure it out for the life of him. It also didn't help that he didn't have a calendar.

 So, Peter decided to just go downstairs like he does most mornings and ask them what was up. He got dressed into jeans and a T-shirt that had dinosaurs on it and started to walk downstairs. Though he wasn't ready for Natasha, Clint, and Laura to yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" so when the sudden loud noise happened Peter instinctively jumped to the ceiling and clung to it. 

For a second no one said anything. The adults all felt bad for scaring Peter and Peter was trying to get his heart rate down. 

Then Clint started laughing and Peter jumped down with what was supposed to be a glare but it just made him look like an upset puppy dog. 

"Not cool."

Clint at that point was howling with laughter, well he was before Natasha elbowed him in the stomach. 

"Sorry, Peter. We were just trying to surprise you, not give you a heart attack." Laura apologized with a comforting smile. 

After they all got over the whole scaring Peter half to death they all went to the kitchen table to eat the pancakes before they got cold. During the breakfast Peter was allowed to give Cooper small bits of the pancake which led to Cooper trying to rip the pancake out of Peter's hands and Laura rushing to the side of the table to make sure Cooper didn't get any large pieces that he could choke on. 

After breakfast Peter chose to watch Peter Pan for the thousandth time, none of the adults complained though for the sake of it being Peter's birthday. Peter had even memorized some of the parts of the movie. Natasha found herself watching Peter half of the movie just to watch him mumble the words as the characters did. 
"There it is, Wendy! Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning."
"Peter Pan will save us!"
"Oh, I should like very much to cross swords with some real buccaneers."