Prove Your Value - 1 (Ep. 2)

First of all, I want to say thank you to those of you that have read my story so far, left kudos, and commented. It gives me the motivation to keep writing. Second of all, I changed future Han Sooyoung's modifier from Black Flames Demon Ruler to Director of the False Last Act as everyone from table ten was taken the day after Dokja woke up. Anyways, I hope you all have a good time reading.   -Ban

(Dokja's POV)

"Before we continue," Rymera spoke. "A few more guests will be joining us." She snaps her finger and two balls of light appear in the air. "More people?" I think to myself. "Who else could it be that they are joining us later than the rest?"

The balls of light slowly form into beings hovering in the air. My eyes widen as I recognize one of them. What formed from one of the balls of light was a small creature of white fur, with two gold horns on its head. It was a Dokkaebi, it was Bihyung. He stared at the crowd in the room, finally landing his eyes on me.

The other ball of light was also a Dokkaebi, but none that I remember being in the novel. This Dokkaebi was quite big. They were a fully-round fluff ball with one small horn on their head. "Ba-aaht." The Dokkaebi let out a small sound.

"I know some of you might be wondering why the new guests are Dokkaebi," Rymera says. "But don't worry, everything will be explained in time." She looks at the two still floating in the air. "Please sign your name and assigned table. A window appears in front of both of them.

[Table One - Dokkaebi Bihyung]

"So Bihyung will be joining us." I think. "Great, everyone will find out about the contract we have."

[Table Ten - Dokkaebi ◼️◼️◼️ Biyoo]

Biyoo flies over to table ten, into the arms of the one wearing white. "I think she is the only one of table ten that I can see clearly," I say to myself as Bihyung flies over to us. All the chairs were taken and we didn't have any extra. No one wanted to share with a Dokkaebi so I let Bihyung sit on my lap.

"With that," Rymera shouted happily. "Let us move on to the next chapter of our omniscient reader's viewpoint!" The lights dimmed in the room as the screen turned on again.

' "It's a Dokkaebi!" Someone explained as the creature flew into view. ' Kim Dokja and Sangah stood in the center of the subway car. "I don't know why that sentence popped into my head at the moment." Kim Dokja's maybe future self narrated as his on-screen stared at the ruined subway, smoke and sparks still flying in the air. "The subway came to a halt and the entire cabin grew dark."

[Some constellations are wondering how you already knew about the Dokkaebi]

"No way. Subways stop all the time." Kim Dokja thought as his narrator self continued speaking. "The opening lines of a very familiar story kept crossing my mind. But it doesn't make any sense. There's no way."