Fighting With Passion!

Start from the beginning

When you finally got to the river it was by the water fall. It was small like Mitsuri said, but still reached just below the tree line which made the little sunshine that still touched the waterfall that much more mesmerizing.

"Here we are!" Mitsuri wasted no time heading for a drink.

"My feet hurt." You state matter-of-factly. Mitsuri, who had kneeled to reach the water turns to you.

"Why don't you stretch a little!" She smiled brightly, which highlights her beauty marks under her eyes. "It always feels nice to release some tension."

"I bet." You responded while stabbing your blade into the ground like a pike to do some more basic stretches, your expression still rife with dull tired apathy, but turned away from Mitsuri to stretch.

"What does that mean?" She sounded timid, like she said something wrong. You lazily correct yourself.

"Don't worry about it. Just that you're probably the most flexible thing I've ever seen, and that's including your sword."

You can't see it but Mitsuri blushes and holds her face. Perhaps to cool off she goes to take another drink. She takes a big gulp and breaths a low "Oh" in response.

"I mean, I've never seen someone move like that." You lament monotony, mostly speaking to the wind than anything. You're monologue left you distracted from the blushing mess you've made out of poor Kanroji.

"Y-You are t-too nice L-L-L/n-kun." You finished stretching and walked over to the spot next to Mitsuri with your hands pulled over you and your eyes closed.

"Like, how do you curve like that?" You're final comment before you went for a drink.

"Y-Y/n-kun!"

"Oh, my bad. I'll watch my words." When you turned to Mitsuri to apologize you realize you were looking West away from the waterfall. You know because between the trees is a bright horizon warning the world of dusk. 'The day is brightest just before dusk.' You think. And surly the light of the sun fades away giving way to the stars and the rising moon.

"I-It's really nothing that impressive!" There is still a shimmer that pours from the thinnest of horizons. But as you stare more you feel like your eyes are tricking you. A fair assumption considering their recent deterioration. But you can just tell something is off.

"I mean I guess it is... but you really shouldn't think much of it!" Just before all light dimmed, a silhouette was itself surrounded in a thin smoke. A small tree? You're surrounded by them, and they don't look like that. Rengoku? But he's not that tall. Himejime? What would he be doing here? Quickly your thoughts returned to the smoke, and when a distant hiss blew, you didn't need to wait to act. 'Where there's smoke there's fire'

"Eh- L/n-kun, did you hear that?" You both sprang up, but you had taken to your blade without hesitation. But by the time you grabbed it the demon stood before you mere inches from you. Not even eye-level with his chest, it's muscles were so tight you could hardly believe they moved. But lo and behold, his left arm cocks back, hand furling into a claw. "Y/N-KUN!"

You try and step back but are too slow as he thrusts his hand aiming for your heart, blood leaking from his nails. You think to look up at him, seeing that this demon wears a mask and had hair like greasy snakes. The swift metallic warping of steel cracks as the monster's hand is stricken. You barely saw it but you knew it was Mitsuri. You would've been relieved if you hadn't witnessed earlier how effective that damn sword is. And even such a perfect slash couldn't cut. His hand was fine, as if it hadn't been hit at all. The only reason you knew it was struck at all was the fact that you still lived.