Pancakes ~ HyunLix

Start from the beginning

As he entered the room, his worry only increased further. Now that he looked more closely at his boyfriend, he didn't look peaceful at all. Beads of sweat were littered over his face, and his skin was an unnatural pink colour. His breathing didn't sound too good, either.

"Lixie, Baby, what have you done? How did this happen??" he murmured, panic giving an edge to his voice.

He dithered for a few moments, then rushed out to the bathroom, where he grabbed some medicine and a wet washer. Then he raced back through the kitchen, putting a couple of pancakes on a plate and answering the members' curious looks with a quick "Felix is sick."

He caught Chan's eye on his way out and gave him a small shake of his head, at which Chan grimaced and nodded, looking even more worried than before.

When he got back to the bedroom, Hyunjin closed the door quietly, then put the items he'd collected on the bedside table. Taking the wet washer, he gently placed it on Felix's forehead. The Australian stirred immediately, his eyelids fluttering open.

"Jinnie!"

Hyunjin's frown deepened when he heard how weak Felix sounded, despite the smile that lit up the younger's face. He quickly measured out a dose of the medicine.

"Lixie - what happened? How did you get so sick? You were fine yesterday!"

Felix's smile slipped at that. "I actually haven't been feeling well for a few days..." he murmured.

"What? Why didn't you say something? Lixie - you've been working yourself so hard, when you should have been resting! If I'd known, I wouldn't have let you leave the dorm!"

The dancer guided the medicine into Felix's mouth, not letting go til he was sure it was all gone. Felix looked down then, away from Hyunjin's fiery eyes.

"Sorry Jinnie..." he whispered.

Hyunjin looked at his boyfriend and sighed. "It's okay, Lixie, I just... I'm really worried about you, that's all. I hate to see you so sick. I ... I don't know what I'd do if I lost you..."

"Jinnie, that's not gonna happen," the younger assured him, stroking his cheek.

"No, it's not, because I'm going to stay here and look after you."

"No, you don't have to do that! You need to practise!"

Hyunjin shook his head sharply. "You're more important than practice, Lixie. I'm staying here til you're better."

The Australian opened his mouth to speak, but Hyunjin put his finger against his lips to stop him. "I don't want to hear any more about it."

Felix gently moved the finger and smiled. "Okay, Jinnie. Can I have my pancake now?"

Hyunjin chuckled, before placing a hand on Felix's cheek. "Of course you can, Baby."

He helped Felix sit up, rearranging the pillows behind his back, then got the plate of pancakes and started feeding the younger. He was happy to see that his boyfriend's appetite for pancakes hadn't disappeared.

Once the pancakes were all gone, Hyunjin helped Felix lie down again, then went to speak to Chan, telling him he wouldn't be going with the others to practice. When he came back, Felix looked like he was asleep again, but he stirred as Hyunjin stood transfixed, gazing at his beautiful face.

"Well, it's just us now," the dancer said. "You should get some rest."

"Okay." Felix smiled weakly, then closed his eyes again. Hyunjin sat on the edge of the bed, his hand resting on Felix's chest. He watched as his hand moved up and down with the younger's rhythmic breathing.