"Hadeem or something. I don't really remember. I don't really care."

"Hadeem?" Asked Kemi, baffled as she thought to herself.

"Kay, she means Hakeem." Mark shouted across the table, loud enough for the Dark Skinned Chocolate Dickhead God to hear. I scowled at Mark when the creature decided to come over to our table, touching fists with Mark and Ethan.
They're all mates? For fuck sake.
He smiled at Elena, Kemi and Ashley, before resting his dark eyes at me - winking. I squirmed.

"Man like Hakeem you know." Smiled Mark as Hakeem sat down in front of me. I tutted and turned towards Kemi beside me.

"Ignoring me again?" He asked.

"As I was saying Kemi, graphics was okay, I just had to deal with rodents irritating me." I spat

"V you're rude you know." Elena laughed, making me and Kemi laugh too.

"V?" Questioned Hakeem.

"Violet to you. Don't let V become an occurrence." I said without looking at him.
I saw Ethan smile from the corner of my eye, pot holes deepening in his cheeks. The butterflies in my stomach arose from their slumber as I crossed my legs tightly.

"So you're not a mute."

"To be perfectly honest, I don't wanna know you Hakeem. So I don't see the point in talking to you."
Hakeem clutched his chest in mock hurt before turning to Mark and Ethan to indirect me.

"Your friends got a mouth on her you know."

"Can't blame her for speaking her mind b." Kemi sniggered.
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of my kitchen." I added

"But I was planning to cook up a storm in your kitchen." Hakeem replied. If I crossed my legs any tighter, my legs would look like the braids that cascaded from Kemi's head.

**

I went towards the changing room toilets so I could get my Law folders from my locker. Elena and Kemi had left my side to go to their own lessons, I didn't mind being late to Law. I felt a heavy tap on my shoulder and greeted Mark as I turned around. Only he could tap me like that with his hefty hands.

"You know you're not reaching that Law lesson, don't even kid yourself Vi."

"I wanted to at least try Mark, please."

"No point, may as well follow me to library. I'm meeting Ethan there so we can get a study room."
I rolled my eyes at the sound of his name, which Mark picked up.

"What's up with you two? Can't have a problem with him already, Vi."

"I don't Marky boy." I smiled, reaching up and ruffling his hair.

"Vi maaaaaaannnn!" He groaned, bringing out a hair brush from his back pocket.

I linked arms with Mark, bussing jokes and rapping our favourite song, Kanye West - All Day, on our way to the library. We met another girl, Sophia, on our journey. I didn't really know this girl too tough, she went to our secondary school but she was unknown to me.
We reached the library and waltzed into the study room that Ethan had booked for us. I placed my books down a few seats away from him, Mark also grabbing a seat next to me and Sophia grabbing a seat next to Ethan, pushing her seat right next to him. Jesus Christ let the boy breathe.
I cocked my eyebrow at Ethan and he smiled back, making me roll me eyes. I felt Sophia watch me through her sky blue eyes.
We had been doing steady work for an hour so, and apart from Ethan and Mark being smart mouths with me telling them to shut up and them laughing, being in the study room was fine.