What are you waiting for?; Lando Norris

I keep repeating the same thing over and over in my mind. I like her, that's all.
Voices and the sound of the television invade my room from the other side of the door.
Outside her laughter fills every corner of the cabin causing my heart to ache.

It hurt to see her laughing with the boys, it didn't make sense she had always been like that. And if I just liked her why did it bother me so much?
I stirred once again, unable to fall asleep. Her voice sounded loud and high quickening my heart.

I stood up tired of not being able to sleep, I didn't know what to do. Should I join them? What are they doing? Are they planning what to do the first day on the mountain? I slowly opened the door to look down the hallway. I could see her profile, she was sitting right next to Charles. She was laughing and joking with him as he held her lightly by the shoulders. I felt my soul leaving my body.
I couldn't go on like this, I had to do something.

I had to figure out my feelings.
I left the room ready to go to the kitchen, from there I would have a better view of where she was. I had to keep an eye on her, I couldn't let her be with him.

It's not like Charles was a bad person, but she didn't belong in his arms. I stared at them as my mind traveled elsewhere. I didn't just like her, she was the person I wanted to be with the most. I wanted her to be mine, I wanted her to just spend time with me.

A hand waved in front of my eyes snapping me out of my trance.

—¿Something wrong with you Norris?—. And there she was, as beautiful as ever, I blushed as I shook my head slightly —. ¿Are you sure?

She tilted her head a little bit trying to look me in the eyes. I nodded running away from her gaze. I stood up and tried to move away from her, but she was quicker and grabbed my hand.

—¿Why are you running away from me? Lately you don't spend time with me and you always run away from me. I don't understand what's going on... ¿Did I do something to upset you?—.  Her voice was a whisper, one full of feelings that attacked my heart, I couldn't leave her there. I couldn't leave and run away from her again.

I turned and looked her straight in the eyes, I didn't know how to do it. ¿Did I say it all at once? ¿Did I just say it? Nerves were beginning to flood my being. I couldn't do it, I couldn't.
I tried to turn around again but her words left me frozen.

— ¿Is it because you've realized that I'm in love with you? Is that why you're running away from me? I know we are friends, but I couldn't control my feelings, I'm sorry if that causes you problems—. Her voice was getting lower and lower as she spoke, it became a whisper. She was going to cry.

My movements were fast, I pulled her to me in an embrace, I leaned my head against hers while I provided small caresses on her hair. He was an asshole, she liked me, she was in love with me. Fuck how could I not realize it.

—Are you really in love with me? Did you like me? —. A silly question, but I wanted to confirm it, I wanted to hear it one more time.

—Don't make me repeat it Lando—. I pulled her a little away from me to see her face, she was red as a tomato and trying to hide her eyes from me. I laughed.

—I like you too, I like you a lot, I'm in love with you, but I couldn't decipher my feelings, I was confused and I moved away from you. I had no idea that you felt the same way I did—.

—Then what are you waiting for?—. I looked at her without understanding, she laughed while her cheeks filled with a crimson pink, she had blushed. I was about to tell her how cute she was when she caught my lips in a kiss, it had to be hard for her, she was on her tiptoes and with her arms around my neck. But to me it was the most tender act in the world. In short she was the person I wanted by my side.