𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 : 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚜!

ابدأ من البداية

"You always did say the dumbest shit."

I looked at him in the mirror.
"Huh?"

"You've always been really pretty, Margo."

"Whatever."
I looked away from the mirror and faced him, crossing my arms.
"Are you gonna let me leave or is there some secret password?"

"No, you're free to go. But y'know?"

"Do I know what?"

"I have always wondered what could've been different if we would've just made it work in high school, but then you went away from me so.. I guess we'll never know."

"Like your wife just said. You'll choose her time and time again. What could've been different?"

"Maybe this would've been our wedding."

"Fuck that. How could I have gone away from you when you were never there in the first place? Your mind has always been somewhere else. I mean, here you are on your wedding day telling another female that you wanted to be with her. You're married to her Miles. Some things will just never change."

"Do you not remember what you said to me that night?"

"Remind me."

"You told me that you never wanted your feelings to go away. You said you didn't know how you could live without having that small feeling that things could work. That you wished things would've been different."

"Well like you said Miles, that was high school. I didn't know what I was saying. From the day we met you were a terrible person. You knew that, you took pride in that. It disgusts me because you're still that way and you don't even have to try."

"You truly look great though Margo. But I must say that's some wedding guest gown."

"I thought it was fitting. It is a funeral after all."

"Whose? Yours?"

"No. Yours."

"Please. This is where my life begins. That's what they say anyway."

"And with almost any other two people that would be true. But this is where your life ends. One of your biggest regrets will be this day."

"I don't regret anything, all the way to now."
He'd taken one step forward and I took a step back.

"Miles please stop."

"But Margo you're right. I've always been such a dick to you, and what for? You've never deserved any hurt I might've caused you."

"What hurt me most was you and Jayde."
"Woah- I didn't say that. What did they do?"

"If I could take that all back, I would."

"You have no idea how bad it hurt me Miles. Or how bad this hurts. How bad it has always hurt to try and pretend like I didn't want you around. It's always been painful to know you but pretending is what I have always done. It should just stay that way, we know it best. Why kid ourselves into thinking something else? We both know that it's bad to have each other around."

"Have you any idea at all? It's hard for me to believe you're even here. I wasn't sure I would see you again. You've been away for so long.. I mean, do you think this whole thing was my choice? You went away and I had no choice but to move on."

"Is this what you consider to be moving on? You're marrying the girl you dated in high school."

"It's not like it's been easy Margo.. and I don't think I have the strength to stay away from you anymore. I wanted for you to be happy. You left, you moved on and I thought you'd be able to do something good without me around. What's it been like for you? Because it's been hell for me. I don't want you to go away again. I don't know if I can handle that again."

"Go back to Olive, Miles. You need to leave me alone."

"You know you don't want that."

"It's not like any of that matters. You're married, I've been trying to move on. This needs to stop."

"Please, just let me-"

"Why were you always so mean to me in high school?"

"Honest truth is I don't know. I didn't mind you at all. Your body has always been a vision, never did I think you were even an from perfection because it had always been perfect the way that it was. It's perfect now. It'll be perfect in ten years from now. Your sister was an awful person, Margo. Surely you know that."

"Have you spoken to her at all?"

"No, not more than I had to after that whole mess."

—————