Episode 3: A Snake vs. A Cat

Orochimaru and Tsunade were traveling through the thick field of tall grass of Route 1 that was surrounded by trees. They could hear the sound of a bird of Pokemon flying above them.

"The bird Pokemon sure look so lovely flying above," Tsunade said, smiling and looking up at the sky.

"I guess, but none of them catch my interest to catch, but maybe you can catch one before your first Pokemon contest," Orochimaru commented.

"I might catch one, but so far haven't found anything special, just a bunch of Pidgey flying around," Tsunade replied.

"That's not surprising we've only been traveling for an hour now," Orochimaru said."We're bound to find more Pokemon as we get further through the Route," He stated.

Tsunade nodded as she and Orochimaru continued to travel at a leisurely pace as the grass fields started to turn more into a dirt path with grass along the sides of it.

••

Orochimaru and Tsunade had decided to go ahead and stop for a lunch break after for walking for another three more hours.

The two of them found a lovely spot to eat lunch close by to a river. Orochimaru pulled out some rice balls and Pokemon food for Tatsuya that his mother had made. At the same time, Tsunade sent out her Pokemon starter, which was Cublaze.

"Hey, Oro," Tsunade said as she made herself a sandwich after pulling a bowl of food for Cublaze.

"Yeah," He said, not looking up from his lunch.

"Why did you agree to let me travel with you?" Tsunade asked."To be honest, I really thought you weren't going to say yes."

"Why did you come to that conclusion?" Orochimaru asked, tilting his to the side in confusion on why Tsunade didn't think he would agree.

"Slith," Tatsuya said, looking just as confused for a snake Pokemon.

"I know that we used to be friends back in the academy before we became Pokemon trainers, but at some point, you avoid talking to anyone," Tsunade explained."So why did you say yes to me?"

Orochimaru stared at her briefly for a moment before he spoke.

"I know that we haven't talked much for my personal reason, but you were the first person who didn't find me, freak. So I decided to agree to travel with you," He explained after swallowing one of his rice balls.

"I'm glad you agree because I couldn't stand to travel with the pervert."

"Yeah, that dobe a pain."

"Slith," Tatsuya cried out, gaining Orochimaru's attention.

"What's up, Tatsuya?" He asked after eating his last rice ball.

"Slitheling!" Tatsuya cried out, turning toward the bushes closer to the river.

"Is there something over there?" Orochimaru questioned, narrowing his eyes and looking toward where Tatsuya was looking.

"Slith!"

"Hey, Tsunade, I'm going to check it out," He said, standing up from the ground.

"Okay, I think I'm going to get some training in before my first Pokemon contest."

"Sounds like a good idea. You should check out the Pokétablet for information on the first Pokemon contest rules," He stated as Tatsuya slithered up his shoulder.