The Letter

30th September 2019

Dear Ms. Williamson

I am writing to you because I got told to write to someone who inspires me the most in my life, and you're the first person I thought of,

My name is Elizabeth Bennett, I'm eighteen years old, I'm currently in sixth form, I play football with Crystal Palace, but I have loved arsenal since I was born, I have been going to every home game with my dad and brother for as long as I can remember,

Okay that's enough about me now to the reasons I chose you as the person that inspires me, that's a very hard question to answer I suppose it started when started going to Arsenal women games back in 2014, my first match was actually also your first match, what were the odds of that happening, it was the Champions League quarter final against Birmingham City unfortunately we lost that match, but I'll always remember it because you came on in the eighty first minute since then I've followed your career quite closely because you seemed so confident to get stuck in, you're the player I have hung on my wall to inspire me like you had Kelly Smith on yours to inspire you.

We have met before, back in 2016 but I doubt you even remember that to be honest, Something you said to me that day really stuck in my head "nobody wins afraid of losing" that was my "Dream Big". In saying that though I did also use dream big quite a lot too back then, I still do now, being a lioness is at the top of all of my goals, I actually play for England at U19s which I'm thankful for and I'm so proud of because girls from Croydon don't usually play for England, I think that is another reason why you inspire me why I was drawn to you because of the fact that you're from Milton Keynes and girls from there don't usually play for England either

When I saw that you were added to the England squad for the World Cup it added to my excitement about going to France to watch the World cup with a few of my friends from the team. Watching you play really inspired me and made me believe that I too could do it one day.

Another reason you inspire me is because I remember you said in an interview once "I don't live my life for anyone but myself" that resonated with me because I was really struggling with my sexuality at that point in my life, I knew I was a lesbian, but I was scared of tell my family and friends because I didn't want to be seen as a "failure" but you made me realize that it doesn't matter what they think and as long as I'm happy that's all that matters.

I know you love your music, I also love music. My mom put me in guitar piano and singing lessons from the age of five so I had something to be interested in instead of football, but that didn't work, so now I'm not only a footballer, I'm also a singer songwriter. I use song writing as an outlet for my emotions because I'm not great at talking about what is going on inside my head, I feel like I'm saying that being able to play any stringed instrument or piano is a bad thing it definitely is not it helps on long bus trips I always bring a ukulele to play when I'm not doing my A level homework like writing this letter, yes I'm writing this on a bus journey back from Sunderland at 11pm at night, we won 3-0 I scored 2 of the goals so I'm extra happy on this 5 hour bus journey back to London.

I think the main reason I chose you to write this letter to is because I wanted to say thank you because there have been quite tough times I've had recently especially after I made my debut for the u19 England squad and a load of people from school made fake accounts on Instagram and started commenting on my Instagram posts that I didn't deserve to be on the England team, at first I didn't think of it, I was a female footballer I was expecting some but then they kept getting worse I got told to do something that a seventeen year old kid shouldn't be told, I kept it to myself for about a year but then it all became too much and I fell into really deep depression where I wanted to quit football but then England qualified for the world cup and it made me realize that I shouldn't care what people say online they don't know me or what I'm like in person, you made me realize that so thank you.

Sorry I didn't mean to write as much as I just did but I just wanted to say why you inspire me and I might write a song after finishing this.

(Ps I didn't give up on football because then I couldn't have achieved my biggest dream is to be a lioness alongside the one person who made me fall in love with my one true love that person being the one and only Leah Williamson, I can't wait for the day where I get to walk out in Wembley Stadium behind you whilst you lead our country out with the captain armband on)

Your sincerely

Elizabeth Bennett (future lioness)  

(Authors Note: 

This is my first fanfiction I have about two other chapters written but if you have any ideas of future chapters also please note i wont be writing any "mature" scenes the only thing I may have is a few breakdown scenes, 

Thank you for reading, ill upload more later )