Escape

~Lucille~

A sigh escapes my lips as I pull my jacket closer to my body. I walked further away from my home into the cold night. I had enough of the fighting. I needed a break from all this .
Few minute passed till I reach Melrose Diner and walked in. The warmth and the smell of citrus greeted me causing my tastebuds to shiver in delight. I hadn't had a decent meal in days. I walked up to the counter sitting in one of the stools. The girl there looked up at me before breaking into a huge grin.
"Hey girl, you decide to show up today huh, rough night I'm guessing?" She asked, frowning a little. I shrugged, pulling my hoodie jacket off my head causing my loose curls to tumble out.
"It's hell over there, I can't take it any more, they are always fighting" I groaned into my hands"Can you perhaps get me something to eat? I'm starving". My stomach grumbled instatly and she chuckled.
"I'll be right back"
"Thanks Mel , I owe you one". I called out as she walked back into the kitchen . I leaned against the counter, watching the people in the diner . It was a slow night with only a few people in the diner. This was unusual because this was the most popular place to eat in our small town ad since it was the middle of winter , people trouped in especially on cold nights like this. The doorbell chimed before a figure stepped in. He was dressed in black and grey like a spy and I stared at him trying to see his face which was covered in a hoodie. His black hair fell over his face and he looked up, straight at me. I caught sight of electric blue eyes, glaring. I gasped and looked away quickly .  My heart beat fast against my chest at the thought of the stranger catching me staring at him. Mel walked back in with a plate of chilli.She placed it in front of me and I thanked her softly. Melissa was a real angel, with light blonde hair , grey eyes and a really tiny button nose. She looked like a little doll.
"If you keep staring at me like that I'm gonna have to call the cops on you" she joked and I flushed looking away from her face.
"It ain't my fault your so pretty. I wish my mum was Asian". I laughed, eating some more chilli. She laughed aloud and ruffled my hair before stopping abruptly. I looked up from my chilli in confusion and looked behind her at what she was staring at and met the bright blue eyes of a certain stranger. My curiosity heightened the more
"Well damnn, isn't this a surprise" she drawled, watching the strange man.
"Do you know who he is?" I asked curiously.  She shook her head yes. "He's Xavier Lopez, the mayor's stepson and he's bad news, real bad news". She sounded wary and it shocked me because she was always confident and bold. This boy must really be bad news. I sighed and finished the rest of my chilli before she took my bowl away. We talked for a while, more like she talked and I listened.  I wasn't a quiet person I just didn't talk a lot. She was telling me about her  fiancé, Blake Carter. I didn't really like him, well I didn't like boys so..
"Don't you think it's a bit early to get married? I mean you're only 20 ad he hasn't finished school-"
"Oh please Luce, don't use that as an excuse, you never have approved of my love life but I really wish you would warm up to him, he's not such a bad person" she pouted,begging me with her eyes . I groaned playfully at her childishness
H

ello everyone , I really hope you guys like this story . Sorry it's so short it will be better along the way😊
P.S: I apologize for the shitty cover . I 'll make a new one soon
💜💜