Caught (1/2) || 16

Start from the beginning

"i'm so tired today," aera yawns, stealing a glance at jungkook's face, sighing as he's not looking at her, but busy customising his character in the game, "uh so, i'll go and sleep now. are you gonna stay up?"

"yeah," he nods, "oh, tae and jiminie are on the way,"

"what?" aera panics, dropping the bottle accidentally, but picks it up the very next moment and covers up her nervousness with a laugh, "i mean, right now? why?"

"nothing, just thought we should hangout,"

"oh... that's... amazing..." she curses in her head, nibbling on her lip and nods slowly, "uhm anyway, i- i'll go. please don't wake me up okay? my head hurts quite a bit,"

"oh yeah, sure, get some sleep," jungkook smiles at her, while aera just stares at him, lost in a void, having doubts lingering in her stomach and making her feel things about this party she's going to sneak out for. she looks down slowly, praying that everything goes well and her brothers won't come to know about all this.

"-ri? are you listening?" jungkook shakes her lightly, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"hm? yeah- yeah, i am," she nods quickly, forcing up a smile.

"really? what did i say?" he squints at her.

"uhm that i should... do my homework...?"

the brother sighs deeply, shaking his head and pulls aera to sit on the armrest of his chair, wrapping his arm around her waist, "i said i can give you some medicine if the headache is bad," he pats her side lightly, chuckling as aera stares at him, nodding slowly, "what's up with you today? all good?"

"yeah, everything's fine," she nods.

"and the headache?"

"you say sleep helps,"

"it does," jungkook rubs her back gently, "go and sleep, good night,"

"why are you being so sweet today?" aera stands up, facing the brother which makes him laugh.

"i'm always like this,"

"no, you're being extra sweet today?"

"so do you want me to be rude?"

"uhm no," aera mumbles, giving him a hug and waves, "good night, i'll go now," jungkook nods, watching her walk out of the room.

aera sighs deeply as she heads upstairs to her room, convincing herself that she's actually going to sneak out to attend a party with her friends. as minutes pass and she struggles to find the perfect dress, her mood shifts to the negative side again, plopping on the bed with an annoyed groan. she grabs her phone and dials jake's number, waiting for him to answer while she adjusts the phone on the bed so that she's in the frame along with her closet.

"hey," jake smiles, "getting ready?"

"i don't know what to wear," she whines, staring at the pile of clothes she's collected on the bed.

"ah that's the problem," jake sighs, "you have that black dress right? the- i don't know how to explain it,"

"the one i ordered online?"

"yes, that one," the boy nods, "wear that. it suits you," aera nods slowly, taking out the said dress and puts the hanger away, showing it to jake. "perfect! now get ready quickly, clay said they'll leave once soomin is done,"

"i need some time," aera says, taking the phone and the dress with her while she gathers her make up stuff and shoes, putting it out nicely to make sure it goes well with the dress.