𝙞𝙫. social psychology

Start from the beginning

          Her patience was starting to run thin. She hated the whole jealousy thing. She was tired of it, so much so that it was affecting her sleep schedule. "I'm going to class," she stated, wriggling free from his grasp. "You need to go to work."

          Mack's hands fell to his hips. He eyed the blonde before him, head tilted, gaze stern. "I'll be nice," he exhaled. "I just want to see what this douche looks like, alright?"

          "Why, so you can compare yourself to him?" she asked. "So you can start getting these stupid thoughts in your head?" He frowned. His back straightened, jaw tightening. Elina knew exactly what was going to happen, and she wanted to stop it. "I told you because I didn't want you to find out from someone else. I told you so you wouldn't think I was sneaking around behind your back."

          Her arms came across her chest, a firm look in her eyes. "I know that," he sighed. "I trust you." She nodded her head. "Then trust me. Kiss me goodbye and go to work." He stared at her for a moment before sauntering up to her. His hands cradled her face between them before he ducked down his head and pressed his mouth against hers.

          She relaxed against him, that irritation that had been bubbling inside of her slowly slipping away like the tide. He pressed a second, chaste kiss to her lips before pulling away just enough to lock eyes with her. "I still wanna meet him," he admitted. "But I guess I won't stick around today."

          "You have nothing to worry about," she whispered, fingers curling into his work shirt. Gently, she tugged him closer to her, blue eyes staring innocently up at him. A low grumble sounded from the back of his throat. "I love you. And that's all that matters."

          She leaned forward and connected their lips once more. It was soft, and open mouthed. Their chests collided, arms winding around one another. Her feet, after a moment, left the ground. A small squeal filtered through their conjoined lips before she was pulling away. "I'll see you after work," she hummed, pecking his lips once her feet had returned to the ground.

          "Can't wait," he responded, smoothing back her blonde locks away from her face. Her nose scrunched, a smile glittering within her eyes. He pressed one last kiss to her forehead before extracting himself from her. She watched, lip bitten between her teeth, as he got back into his truck and pulled away, sending him off with a wave.

          Once he was gone, she spun around, flushed cheeks hidden behind her hands. A few feet behind her stood Britta, the oldest Perry wearing a disgusted expression. "Hey!" Elina greeted her sister, bouncing up to the taller girl. "Are you free tonight?" she asked. "I've got a shift at the aquarium and I need a ride."

          "Maybe," Britta replied. "What was that all about? You two are kissy, but that was a bit much." A person she hadn't told about her kiss with Jeff was Britta. She was almost certain that her older sister would seek out the older man and hurt him. "He's being a little protective," she admitted. Britta nodded her head. It didn't seem like she needed much more of an answer.

          "Coffee?" Britta asked. Elina swiftly nodded her head. "I'd love some." She looped her arm with her sister's with a beaming smile. "As long as you're paying." The eldest of the two scoffed in disbelief at her sister. Her jaw fell slack. "Wow," she replied. Elina leaned forward, squeezing Britta's arm in her grasp. "You know I love you," she hummed. "But I've got to save a bit until this weekend."

          "Finally got a gig?" she asked. A proud smile lit up the young woman's features. She wiggled her eyebrows playfully at her sister. "A school booked a mermaid for a field trip. So, me and another one of the girls are getting to teach a whole bunch of kids about the animals there and perform." Britta looked impressed.