Maisie paused, knowing she had exposed herself even more, and not in a good way.

  He cocked an eyebrow, "So you got drunk too?" the man questioned, scoffing.

  At this point, she had given up.

  "Yes. I did get drunk. And i'm sure you do that sometimes too, right? So you can't get mad."

  Elijah shook his head, drawing his bottom lip between his teeth, hands held at hips, "I can't have the kids' parents seeing that video and not wanting to come here." he sniffed, "You're fired."

  Maisie was so mad at herself. She never trusted many guys, but when she actually did, it went wrong. Of course it did. Some days, she felt like she was the most unlucky person on OBX.

  Snapping her out of her thoughts, her phone began to ring, rather than ping, due to messages. She let out a groan, looking over at the phone in her lap. It was Kiara.

  She would rather not answer any calls, but it would only worry people even more.

  So she did accept.

"Hey?" Maisie croaked out, fumbling with a strand of her hair.

Kie didn't even greet back, she immediately asked what mattered most, "You okay?"

Maisie chuckled weakly, rubbing the bridge of her nose, "Not really, but I will be."

"What happened?"

The redhead kept quiet for a minute, swallowing down a sudden nauseous feeling that swept through her once again. "Been throwing up." she murmured in response, and Kie tsked.

"You sure you're not pregnant?" she joked, making Maisie laugh at first, amused at her best friend's joke. But then, she realised, it would be a reasonable explanation.

She had missed her period.

She had been throwing up.

It would be no surprise.

"I'm — not pregnant, okay?" she said to Kie, although it was really meant for herself. She couldn't think of stupid possibilities like that, when it could just be a bug, or food poisoning.

Maisie could hear Kie's nod through the phone, "I'm coming over, babe. You need your best friend." she stated, and Maisie wanted to reply, but the sickness feeling had washed over her again. Clogging up her throat.

She dropped the phone to the floor, unintentionally making the screen crack slightly as she raised her head over the toilet. Puke streamed out of her mouth, and it was horrible. Ever since she was young, she had a phobia of being sick.

  "You can come." Maisie barely let out, after putting her phone on speaker.

  "I'm already on my way!" Kie exclaimed, wanting none other than to comfort her best friend. The one that was there for her the moment they started talking. It didn't matter if Kie was a kook, she still fulfilled Maisie's happiness.

  Maisie then hung up, before sliding her back down the wall. To say she was uncomfortable, was an understatement. Not only was she overwhelmed by the fact she was facing her fear, but also because of the different questions roaming her mind.

Before Kie got there, Maisie threw up one more time. Yet she never moved from the bathroom. She couldn't bring herself too. Every bone in her body was just telling her to wait for her best friend, and allow that girl to motivate her.

"Mais!" a feminine voice called out. Kie.

"I'm here." Maisie announced the best she could. Fortunately, the echoing of the bathroom increased the volume of her tone.