Chapter 10- Threat Time

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but I didn't think that meant we were dating," I explained.

"What'd you think it meant?" Karma asked, his voice getting louder from the atrocity. Asano observed this situation amused. The students from Class E were shocked. Koro-sensei quickly took notes.

"I thought that we were just going to stay the way we were, until I made a decision" I answered. Karma rolled his eyes in disbelief. Besides, don't say such a thing in front of everyone, idiot... Oh wait. I'm being to indifferent here. I honestly thought that since nothing was officially declared, we weren't dating yet. Am I wrong?

Karma asked, "Then just what exactly is our relationship?" I could feel the intent stares of everyone in the room. Silence took over like a giant wave, waiting to recede from my response.

My words started to slur. "Uhh, some relationship," I replied slowly. Koro-sensei and the rest of my classmates had awkward smiles. Karma's eyes widened, confounded.

"Some? Just some?" he questioned.

"Not just some," I protested. "Some as in... Uh..." Quickly, I took out my phone. "Some as in 'a relationship where two people are not just friends, but also have not started dating'. So in a sense there is something going on," I read out loud. But wait... That means that there's all this unnecessary slow progress between the two people that are just going to wind up together anyway. I found that part so frustrating whenever I saw such a relationship. I looked at Karma, who rose an eyebrow at me. Wait a minute... But we're... The two of us.. It's not like I'm going to... Oh no... "Can we talk about this later?" I asked while awkwardly playing with my hair. Karma was speechless and his time was up. 98 was the highest my heart beated. "Next Asano."

My heart calmed down to an 89. Asano walked up to me, until we were face to face. He gave me a skeptical look.

"Do you like Akabane?" he asked. Immediately, it rose to a 97.

"No!" I denied instantly. Unknowingly, my cheeks started to turn into a pink hue. Karma stepped forward, surprised.

"You don't?" Karma asked with widened eyes.

"What?" My eyes darted around out of bewilderment. "No, that's not what I meant."

"So you do?" Asano questioned.

"I-I-I do nothing," I stuttered while jabbing my finger in the air assertively. He kept his amused smile hidden behind his serious demeanor.

"So you didn't do something?" Asano interrogated.

"No," I replied. Karma stepped forward, indifferent.

"Then why did you say we had a something?" he asked.

"Because that's our relationship!" I yelled, losing my composure.

"So you have something," Asano concluded.

"Yes, I have a some-!" I stopped there and turned my back to them, while crossing my arms. "It's not fair to attack from both sides," I said. A snide smile formed on Asano's face. Karma stared at me for a second and looked away. His unreadable expression caused my heart to bounce with worry. Unknowingly, my hand reached out to him, only to cave back in from Asano's voice.

"What happened to your beliefs?"

I faced him confidently and answered, "They're starting to change. Well, more like, I'm trying to be more open minded." Asano walked up closer to me. There was only a few inches between us. 101.

"I..." he started to say in a low voice. 99. "Accept your beliefs and respect it." 103. "Don't you think that you and I are more suited to be together." 75. Asano was a bit surprised from the new number.