Chapter 32: Spell Caster

Start from the beginning

Vincent paused in his tracks at Elijah's call to him before slowly turning to the Original. "I agreed to help Rebekah break her bond with them kids. You wanna get back to that? Um, text me!"

Vincent was about to exit the bar when Elijah used his vampire speed to block his path. "Right now, I need the best minds and the most formidable witches in this city. Mr. Griffith, do you have any idea the danger my niece now faces?"

"I wish her well! I really do! But, I'm done with magic." Vincent tried to reason with Elijah. "This ain't my fight."

Vincent tried to push his way past him when Elijah grabbed onto Vincent by the throat. Elijah gripped his throat tightly as he pinned Vincent against the wall, his feet hovering above the ground.

"Elijah!" Scarlett shouted at him. "Put him down."

Scarlett's eyes shined the dark shade of red that it usually did. That was a sign that Scarlett was frustrated, and Elijah knew not to get on her bad side. Elijah reluctantly weakened his grip on Vincent, dropping him onto the floor. "Dahlia demanded Hope by nightfall. Time is of the essence."

Soon after, Scarlett called Davina, asking for her help which Davina accepted, seeing as Scarlett was like a sister to her. Scarlett and Rebekah met up with Davina in Kol's old hideout to work on the spell that was Elijah's idea.

"Unless there's something in this ledger about mimicking a tribrid baby, we're up the creek." Rebekah spoke up before slamming the spellbook onto one of the tables.

Rebekah started to walk over to the two girls when she noticed a section covered by a sheet. Rebekah was curious as to what was underneath and started to peak inside, lifting up the sheet. Davina noticed this and started to panic. "Don't touch that!"

Rebekah didn't hear Davina's cry as she pulled off the sheet. On a small tablet was a ritual that contained sand, herbs and candles surrounding two dead birds. "Davina, what the hell are you doing?"

"It's a resurrection spell for Kol." The young witch answered for Scarlett before looking to Rebekah. "You remember him? The brother you swore to save?"

"I have every intention of..." Rebekah trailed off for a moment when an idea popped into her head. "Wait. When Kol was trying to get out of dying, he used representational magic. He tried to transfer the curse into a clay doll, a golem." She started to look through the bookshelf behind her until she found the doll she spoke about. "Here."

Davina took the doll from Rebekah with an impressed smile. "You're right. If we can find a way to replicate the baby's power source and transfer it into the doll? That's our decoy."

...

After getting coffee for herself and the others, Scarlett went back to Kol's hideout where the girls were. She was walking through the cemetery, looking for the place when she bumped into Vincent. "So, the Mikaelsons got you fetching they coffee now?"

"It's brain fuel." Scarlett sighed tiredly. "They're struggling in there. Things are catching fire that aren't supposed to, they're going through dark objects like crazy... I need something to keep me up."

As she was walking away, Vincent stopped her from leaving. Scarlett narrowed her eyes at him, wondering what was going on when he held up a folded piece of paper. Vincent took one of the coffees off of Scarlett's tray, replacing the coffee's spot with the sheet of paper. "This is for Rebekah. Its the spell that unlinks her from them kids. It's got everything- diagrams, pronunciations... It should be pretty straight-forward, even for a baby witch."

Scarlett sent him a grateful smile for the work he's done when her smile faded slightly. "You know, wouldn't it be easier if you just did it? You have a gift, and you're not using it."

"Magic is not a gift, Scarlett, at least for me." Vincent claimed. "In my experience, it's a loaded assault rifle with a hair trigger, and I'm putting my gun down. I don't give a damn what you, Elijah, or the covens got to say about that."

"The covens?"

"Josephine LaRue- she was our Regent, the chosen emissary for all of our consecrated dead. The Ancestors speak through the Regent." Vincent informed her, lifting the pendant on his necklace up. "With Josephine gone, the covens are a mess. They need guidance, they got nothing, they think they want me. But, like I said- I am done."

"Look, Vincent, I get it." Scarlett began. "I lost my friend to a hex. But even I understand that it's more complicated than that. My friend Davina is trying to save someone she loved. She believes in something bigger than herself, and that helps her. What I'm trying to say is magic, in the right hands, can be a good thing."

"Yeah." He nodded his head, agreeing with her. "Just not my hands. Not anymore."

"I have a question for you." Scarlett winced, knowing that he wouldn't be quite interested with the topic. "They have a golem. They keep using different binding agents... We're desperate. Do you have any ideas?"

Vincent sighed heavily as he thought to himself for a moment. "Look, no powerful witch is gonna be fooled by a doll. They need a heartbeat."

He grabbed onto the sheet of paper with the spell he gave her before taking a pen out of his pocket. "Um, here, hold this."

He handed her his coffee cup before he started to write notes for them on the back of the paper, using the wall of a nearby tomb as a desk.