She's Alive!

I awake to the sound of birds chirping and a fire cackling. I attempt to sit up, but once I do my head explodes in pain. I lay back down, trying not to make a noise, but a squeal escapes from my lips. I hear footsteps coming closer, and I close my eyes. Then the footsteps stop at the edge of my bed, and I open my eyes. Peter is leaning over my bed, watching me intently. Once he realized I've opened my eyes, he lets out the breath he had been holding.
"I thought I would never see you again." He says quietly, like he's out of breath.
"Where am I? And how long have I been out for? And where is Ben? And Henry?" I ask, one question after another.
"You are in a cottage in the middle of the woods. You have been out for about 3 days. Ben went back into the city to try and find some stuff to help us survive and Henry is in the house. He has been the one taking care of you and keeping your fever down the whole time."
"Oh. What happened after Ben knocked me out with the club?"
"He started cussing up a storm and said that if I had never showed up none of this would have ever happened. Then he tried to attack me but Henry held him back. After that Ben ran away and Henry had to go chase him. So Henry has pretty much been the peacemaker this whole time."
"Wait. So Ben, he didn't even. He didn't even see if I was ok?" I asked, choking on my tears.
"No. I'm so sorry. He was was right. None of this would have ever happened if I had just stayed away." He says, with sorrow written all over his face and tears in his eyes.
"No, none of this is your fault. You were right about Ben. About him being jealous. I should have listened to you. Then none of this would have ever happened." I said to him, looking at the ground as a tear fell down my face. He lifted my head up, and held my chin in his hand, and used his other hand to wipe my tear away.
"Look at me," He said, wiping away another tear. "Don't even think, not even for a second, that this was for fault. Nothing that just happened was your fault. I mean, you just saved my life. You did something amazing. If you didn't jump in front of me then, I would probably be dead right now. But I'm not, because you saved me."
Then, he slowly leaned down towards me, and his lips met mine. I closed my eyes as another tear slowly rolled down my face. As he slowly pulled away from me, I opened my eyes, and our eyes met. He wiped away my tear, the whole time never letting go of my chin.
"If you ever think this was your fault, just remember that if you didn't interfere back there, I never would have kissed you." He said in a whisper, as a small smile crept onto his face. I smiled back, and then there was a loud bang! and the door crashed open.