I start to smile thinking about Luke, cause Mom to look over at me and smile back.

"I know you have heard that story a million times. I want you to have something like that, I want all you kids to have someone you love" she says. After telling me that she went back to looking at the rack of clothes trying find the perfect one for me.

"What about this one?" She asks me as she pulls a black jumpsuit of the rack. It was perfect, with a corset top with float pants. It was perfect, it screamed hot and confident, but would still be comfortable to wear all homecoming night.

"I love it! This is perfect, let's go find a fitting room to try it on." I practically scream, grabbing mom's arm a going to the dressing room.

***

"Mom can we be done with shopping?" I groan. We have been at this for several hours and we still have not found my shoes and jewelry. We found my outfit, and that's enough for me. My feet hurt, and I'm hungry.

"Sure honey let's go, I'm getting tired as well, let's go to Emeralds." She suggests, I nodded happily ready to sit down. Emeralds is Mom's restaurant she started ten years ago, and is considered the best in Chicago. You have to book months in advance, even for lunch. I always get excited when we eat there, and it's not just me being biased. The restaurants menu changes frequently with a few staples, making each time exciting. Mom puts so much thought into each dish, it's always amazing.

Getting into the car I sit on the passengers side, not wanting to drive, but earning a glare from Mom. She pulls out of the parking spot and starts to drive to the restaurant. "I will drive to Emeralds, but you need to drive home, you need the practice" she says. I let out an exasperated sigh, but I know she's right, I do need the practice.

"Fine Mom, I know. But, I will only drive if we get dessert at the restaurant" she laughs and nods her head. Every time we eat out together she encourages me to get a dessert, when I ask if she is going to order anything she says no. By the time my dessert arrives, she says it looks good and eats half of mine. She always does this, does not order anything and eats mine, it's become a little lunch tradition of sorts. I turn up the radio, and we listen to it until we arrive at the restaurant.

Mom opens the door and gets out, running over to my side and opening the door before I have a chance, doing a mock bow to make me laugh before we walk in together. As soon as we open the door, the hostess greets us, "Hello welcome to Emeralds, what's the name of your reservation?"

Mom laughs before answering, "Oh we don't need one" The hostess seems confused, I haven't seen her before so I'm questing she's new. She would definitely recognize the name, but Mom likes to keep her life private so I'm guessing she hasn't seen her picture before.

"Yes you do, and since you don't I'm sorry, but you're going to have to leave" The hostess says seemingly frustrated.

"That's no way to speak to a customer dear, your manager, Mike, should have trained you better" Mom says. Mom wants everything in her restaurant to be perfect, from the food, to the hospitality.

"I'm sorry miss, but I-" the hostess starts to argue again before the manger walks up to see what is going on.

"Mrs. Walsh, what a pleasure to see you today. I'm sorry about the hostess, she's new. Let me escort you to your table" he grabs two menu and indicates for us to follow him. I look back and see that the hostess looks scared as she visibly gulps. Once we get to our table, we sits down while our menus are placed in front of us.

"I'm not firing the hostess, but train her better. The training manager needs to be with the trainee at all times" Mom says. The manager nods and walks away. "Well you start to look at the new menu, I'm going to the bathroom" she says before she stands up and walks away.

I start to look over the menu before I hear someone call my name. I look and I see Luke standing in front of me, I start to panic. "Luke what are you doing here" I say looking around to make sure no one notices us talking.

"El I need to talk to you about something, it's important" he says in a quiet yet authoritative voice. He grabs my hand to get my attention.

"I know, I will tell my parents about our relationship soon. Then you can meet them properly. You can be prepared with flowers to give my mom, and Maeve so that she doesn't feel left out. You know me I want everything to go perfect, and meeting my mom as she walks out of the bathroom when she's never heard you is the exact opposite of perfect" I say almost out breath since a spoke so fast.

"Look it's not-" he starts to say before I interrupt him. I know he disagrees, he been asking to meet my parents for two weeks now, I can tell he doesn't want to be a severely anymore.

"Don't worry we will tell them after my father hands over the family business to Collin. They are both stressed out right now, it's only a week and it will be done" I say trying to reassure him. Luke and I met at a street race so he's aware of who my family is and what we do.

"Look my moms coming over, please leave before she starts asking about you" I say pleading. I see hesitancy in his eyes, that could almost be mistaken for guilt, but he nods and walks away.

"Ready to order?" mom asks as she sits back down. I nod and she takes that as indication to call over our waiter.

***

"God, I'm so bad at driving" I groan out as I start to drive through the intersection after slamming on my breaks.

Mom laughs, "Don't worry you'll get better" I know the only reason she gets in the car while I'm driving is beachside she loves to spend time with me. She smiles and starts to fix her make up.

"Careful, might not want to fix your make up while I'm driving, it will end up looking worse than before" I say jokingly, but this time mom doesn't laugh, and I see panic in her eyes. "Mom what is it?"

"Turn right here" she says, her voice shaky. "Shit"

"Whats happening?" I ask as I start to panic as well.

"Those two cars are still following us, it's not a coincidence." She says as she starts to pull out our phone to notify dad.

"Fuck"