𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑

╔. ■ .               ═══════╗
𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝙒𝙄𝙎𝙃
╚═══════                . ■ .╝

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" The voice you once learned to speak out of is now being threatened to be slitted by the person you least expected. Your voice was weak from crying out loud for him to stop the torture, the blood gutting, the cuts and bruises. He was just as bad as Niragi. Your voice was hoarse from all the energy you spent running from him.

Your best friend. Chishiya Shuntaro.

"Because you're annoying... so annoying." He grits his teeth, closing the tip of the knife on your throat. "You say Niragi killed you but now look who has the knife?" He whispers in between his breaths.

"But I once loved you, you know?"

"What...?" You barely voice out, voice on the verge of breaking as you only feel nothing but being choked. "But since I tortured you enough, it's best not to leave you to it. So I'm technically doing you a favor." He mumbles, eyes unable to look back at your reddish ones that only widened in response. Fear is what is shown in them.

He pushes the knife forward, already opening the first layer of skin up, and as if you didn't feel enough pain from your eyes, throat, and body, you cried. "Any last wishes?" He whispers with eyes of sorrow.

He hates to be the one to do it.

"I wish I knew you all truly are..." You whisper and that seems to push Chishiya away as he pauses his movements, only getting through the second layer of your skin and only pulled you closer to close the gap between his lips with yours, closing his eyes while yours are wide open.

When he pulls away, he smiles at you yet you can never look at it the same way, "What a kind person you are."

"Then why do this?" You practically sounded like you were in the verge of begging. "Why kiss me?"

"Because I now regret what I've done." He whispers back, and you could swear his eyes were glossy as if he has the right to be emotional. If only you had the energy to slap him back to reality that he has no right to be emotional after what he has done to you.

He's like playing with a fish he's about to eat by pulling them out of the water for a couple of minutes then only dipping them into water for three seconds. Though that does not go the same for you when you gasp out of breath, feeling the sense of final freedom on your throat with your vision pure white.

FREEDOM is what you call it. You're finally able to sleep through these restless nights of having to worry about Niragi's constant pursuit and Chishiya's stubborn yet murderous way of getting to you.

With the bit of energy you have left, you smiled at him.

"Happy Birthday..." He whispers but you can barely even hear him as you only hear the sound of a high pitched whistle sound coming from your left ear to the right.

———————————————————

YOUR EYES OPENED out of the blue, it showed white for a second and you thought you were in heaven but with another blink, you jumped out of your bed, scrambling your feet across the floor, "No! No! No! No! No! Not again!" You curse yourself and run to your door where your calendar is just to see that it was the year before you died.