It relaxed her- easing her of the hidden fear she had from potentially getting caught.

Moments after her eyes shut, the fountain began to slow down until it eventually shut off completely. She sighed, moving her head back down to stare at the glistening water that sat in the pit.

But then, she caught someone from the corner of her eye.

Cher beamed as she noticed it was Adam Banks, the guy she did this whole scheme for. She didn't expect for him to be there.

"Adam!" She called out, breaking away from the fountain and making her way over to him.

The boy stayed silent. Something about him seemed off. She approached him carefully, scanning his face in search of what happened.

"Hi. Are you okay?" Cher questioned, standing directly in front of him.

Adam finally acknowledged her, glancing up at her just for a second, and twitching a small smile on the corner of his lip before dropping it.

"Yeah," He said. "I'm alright.

"You don't look alright." That's when she stole the seat beside him.

He didn't seem to care. Instead, he brought his gaze back up and scanned the area. Cher watched as her nervously looked around as if he was waiting on someone, and how he fidgeted with a ring on his index finger.

The boy sighed softly, then. "I was waiting on someone, but I don't know if they're coming now."

"Who?" She queries, already having an idea of who it was in her mind.

He wetted his bottom lip, turning his head to face the girl. "Vera."

Cher attempted to hide the smile that was crawling onto her lips. Knowing that she might've just ruined a date made her want to jump around in joy. She managed to hold herself back, now looking at the ground.

"Oh..., were you guys going on a date?"

That question seemed to startle the boy, and Cher caught onto it. Her eyebrows furrowed.

He nodded, clearing his throat. "Uh, yeah. I mean obviously since she's my girlfriend, y'know, it's a date." Adam had forgotten all about that. He was mentally punching himself for how stupid he sounded.

"But she was supposed to meet me here about an hour ago." The blonde couldn't help but mention that as well. Something inside him ached, and he just wanted that feeling gone.

Honestly, did she even want to hang out with him? Would she come up with some stupid excuse the next time he saw her?

"Getting stood up is the worst." Cher sighed, sneakily placing her manicured hand onto his shoulder. "Especially if it's by your own girlfriend. I can't imagine how you're feeling."

Adam slowly turned his head meeting her gaze. His brows fell in, confused.

"I could help you get rid of that feeling." She continued softly, letting her hand drag down his arm, pausing at his bicep so she could feel his muscle. "I'm sure I could help."

For a moment, Adam considered it. He didn't know why, but he wanted to get rid of that dull pain he felt inside. Of course he didn't figure out what Cher actually wanted.